MorphOS reset (exception: envarc:prefs/sys/net/hosts )
  • Split Personality of litcube & ElaNa & smarty
    freepointer
    Hi Guys,

Who can help, because now I'm selbstr confused after I MorphOS added that
    envarc:sys/net/host

I leave for my network, the machine (MorphOS) continue on listening (lists)

Mini: listen_netstat.jpg
    Fullscreen: 1600-05-07-2016_listen_netstat.jpg
    Fullscreen: cache_netstat.jpg

Within the Router`s (AVM 4020), the ports are 0.0.0.0 defined by the Provider ...
    (According to research / read, check, the technical data "support.lua" etc.)

05-07-2016 the network because CDIR had to be changed due to a NEW machine:

Code:
    section of the Support.lua the AVM Fritz box / stand date 05 July 2016 landevices {
    landevices_version = 3;
    landevices {
    ip = DATA POLICY;
    name = "ngc3621";
    neighbour_name = "ngc3621";
    mac = DATA POLICY;
    auto_etherwake = no;
    ifaceid = ::;
    staticlease = no;
    ipv4forwardrules =
    "tcp 0.0.0.0:80 DATA POLICY:80 0 # HTTP-Server",
    "tcp 0.0.0.0:901 DATA POLICY:901 0 # Samba-Server",
    "tcp 0.0.0.0:6667 DATA POLICY:6667 0 # IRC-Server",
    "tcp 0.0.0.0:21 DATA POLICY:21 0 # FTP-Server";
    allow_pcp_and_upnp = no;
    }
    DATA POLICY = 00000000.00000000.00000000.00000 111 - 001 11000000.10101000.00000001.00101 - 11000000.10101000.00000001.00101 111

But how can it be that the machine directly listens to ports at the First restart after ???

Technical network plan for assistance (Commercial): go => netplan

Little Help: 00000000.00000000.00000000.00000 111 - 001 11000000.10101000.00000001.00101 - 11000000.10101000.00000001.00101 111 (before Today the New Machine was involved it was CDIR 29)

to: CDIR 28 ^ 14 machinery / minus network and broadcast.
    to calculate "CLASS C" standard IP's ( go => network sketch )

In my opinion, seems any bond not to be 100% correct, this I do not

Had but to write this thread notice about 50 minutes later, the have the bonds from the "support.lua" no direct matches (see: netstat ) - because the port 137, 139 Samba, and port 25 is not open pop, the pop, we drive
    pop_ssl.jpg
    on a different port plus. pop_pgp.jpg on the netzwerk.jpg (it all the TIME / 2015) and Samba, I have not run 100%, the admin tool over 901 works ...

I see this as not normal, but do like to disabuse ...
    esp., the view of the cache : cache_netstat.jpg

Who knows what or Tip, assistance and experience can carry on?

[ Editiert durch freepointer 10.07.2016 - 20:23 ]
    This user has been banned.
  • »05.07.16 - 14:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

freepointer wrote:
    Hi Guys,

What did you add?

Quote:

This shows that the network interface on the MorphOS machine has been set to use a fixed IP address of 0.0.0.0. It's also connected to 0.0.0.0 - probably itself.
    I could be misunderstanding, but whatever it is you're trying to do, that looks very wrong.

Quote:

Within the Router`s (AVM 4020), the ports are 0.0.0.0 defined by the Provider ...

Looking briefly at some documents for the AVM4020, 0.0.0.0 is the internal address of the router as used in internal configuration files (noted in the ipv4forwardrules section).

That section has a layout (which may vary slightly between vendors/firmware) of:

Protocol/incoming IP address:incoming port/outgoing IP adress:port /mysterious zero/some-string (name of rule?)

tcp 0.0.0.0:80 DATA POLICY:80 0 # HTTP-Server

I have seen 0.0.0.0 referred to as the 'internal address' of the router (my guess is that would just be in the config files though), but that doesn't mean it woud be addressable as 0.0.0.0 on the network, I don't see how that could work.

Also, since your config file shows DATA POLICY in place of the outgoing IP address, I would guess port forwarding rules are somewhere else in the config file (or in the router's configuration interface), possibly under the heading "data policy" ;).

I've looked at your links, but not really understood what you're trying to do with your MorphOS box

What exactly are you trying to do with your MorphOS machine?
    Have you tried setting this up with another machine/OS successfully?

Everything else is just noise at the moment, if you could simplify what you're asking that might help find a solution.

Quote:

05-07-2016 the network because CDIR had to be changed due to a NEW machine:

Code:
    section of the Support.lua the AVM Fritz box / stand date 05 July 2016 landevices {
    landevices_version = 3;
    landevices {
    ip = DATA POLICY;
    name = "ngc3621";
    neighbour_name = "ngc3621";
    mac = DATA POLICY;
    auto_etherwake = no;
    ifaceid = ::;
    staticlease = no;
    ipv4forwardrules =
    "tcp 0.0.0.0:80 DATA POLICY:80 0 # HTTP-Server",
    "tcp 0.0.0.0:901 DATA POLICY:901 0 # Samba-Server",
    "tcp 0.0.0.0:6667 DATA POLICY:6667 0 # IRC-Server",
    "tcp 0.0.0.0:21 DATA POLICY:21 0 # FTP-Server";
    allow_pcp_and_upnp = no;
    }

But how can it be that the machine directly listens to ports at the First restart after ???

Little Help: 00000000.00000000.00000000.00000 111 - 001 11000000.10101000.00000001.00101 - 11000000.10101000.00000001.00101 111 (before Today the New Machine was involved it was CDIR 29)

11000000.10101000.00000001.xxxxxxxx

== 192.168.1.xxx in binary.

Really not sure what you're saying here though...

Or next:

Quote:

Had but to write this thread notice about 50 minutes later, the have the bonds from the "support.lua" no direct matches (see: netstat ) - because the port 137, 139 Samba, and port 25 is not open pop, the pop, we drive
    pop_ssl.jpg
    on a different port plus. pop_pgp.jpg on the netzwerk.jpg (it all the TIME / 2015) and Samba, I have not run 100%, the admin tool over 901 works ...

Are you saying you can connect to another machine's Samba control interface, or just that you can connect to the local machine's samba interface (which would be using loopback)?
    Are you saying that no network application manages to fetch data?
    Can you ping anything from the command line? Is there anything at all being transferred/communicated to or from the MorphOS machine over the network?

Quote:

The Cache settings in MorphOS preferences relate to disk caching, and are not related in any way to the "cache failed" message you are seeing in netstat.
    The "cache failed" message in Netstat may be slightly misleading, and just indicates the connection has failed in some way.

Quote:

Who knows what or RAT and experience can carry on?

[ Editiert durch freepointer 05.07.2016 - 23:18 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »06.07.16 - 11:15
    Profile Visit Website
    freepointer
    Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:
    Quote:

freepointer wrote:
    Hi Guys,

What did you add?

Quote:

This shows that the network interface on the MorphOS machine has been set to use a fixed IP address of 0.0.0.0. It's also connected to 0.0.0.0 - probably itself.
    I could be misunderstanding, but whatever it is you're trying to do, that looks very wrong.
    Quote:

Exactly this I try to filter out, but have the network SYS: s and SYS: MorphOS / S as well as the Prefs ENVARC found in directories Sys and Morphos Directorys NOT, hence my thought was transition, possibly to analyze the boot image detail but for that I have even found a way.

Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:

Looking briefly at some documents for the AVM4020, 0.0.0.0 is the internal address of the router as used in internal configuration files (noted in the ipv4forwardrules section).

That section has a layout (which may vary slightly between vendors/firmware) of:

Protocol/incoming IP address:incoming port/outgoing IP adress:port /mysterious zero/some-string (name of rule?)

tcp 0.0.0.0:80 DATA POLICY:80 0 # HTTP-Server

I have seen 0.0.0.0 referred to as the 'internal address' of the router (my guess is that would just be in the config files though), but that doesn't mean it woud be addressable as 0.0.0.0 on the network, I don't see how that could work.

These files must therefore now AVM analyze myself WORK still working, but the Support.lua is damn long.

From LOGIC is clear that my shares in the Fritz box be applicable bound in the home network, add then comes an eventual public release, as in my case the http://weather.littlethink.de (Weather-CAM) on MyFRITZ and or DDNS (eg noip.com).

However, the confusion, and what makes me from Strange I is not started in inetd.conf the POP3 server, the netstat is but listen mode. I want this one time for all apart filtering, for those who can understand the server network level. I work in front of about 16 - 18 years then click Classic Amiga with GENESIS and MIAMI incl because said server services...

But since I must first filter out everything, thank God I have installed a script directory to Assign commands to start Executable commands individually and can automate this and thus start or Manual.

Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:
    Also, since your config file shows DATA POLICY in place of the outgoing IP address, I would guess port forwarding rules are somewhere else in the config file (or in the router's configuration interface), possibly under the heading "data policy" ;).

I've looked at your links, but not really understood what you're trying to do with your MorphOS box

What exactly are you trying to do with your MorphOS machine?
    Have you tried setting this up with another machine/OS successfully?

Everything else is just noise at the moment, if you could simplify what you're asking that might help find a solution.

The Data Police is of course the machine IP address, but wanted to make this nich Public. But have the network now so far converted, actually therefore no longer relevant this in Revelation.

The system is as a data server Inranet and surf Internet machine, as well as well as FTP and mail client. with makes where the Apache server, the PHP Verssion I got there not walk on (comes time will tell)

As I said, the LISTEN brings a mess because the Windows PC ports can all be accessed and thus appear in NETSTAT correctly with IP address, but the 0.0.0.0 ports are plus, or indeed from the outset in Listen Mode

Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:

11000000.10101000.00000001.xxxxxxxx

== 192.168.1.xxx in binary.

Really not sure what you're saying here though...

Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:
    Quote:

pop_ssl.jpg

Are you saying you can connect to another machine's Samba control interface, or just that you can connect to the local machine's samba interface (which would be using loopback)?
    Are you saying that no network application manages to fetch data?
    Can you ping anything from the command line? Is there anything at all being transferred/communicated to or from the MorphOS machine over the network?

Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:
    Samba is not running properly. Port 901 is bound (Admin Web Console)
    but also not the 137 and 138 are properly bound, even though the Admin WEB CONSOLE anzegt the NMB Server service is running.

samba pic : nmbd_samba.jpg

But netstat shows again only 0.0.0.0: to 138 ports.

Here I have to sort out the firstonce BASIC error, so analyze the 0.0.0.0 bonds, adaptive optimization (Runs make) and then thus Smaba Optimize (Step by Step).

Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:
    Quote:

The Cache settings in MorphOS preferences relate to disk caching, and are not related in any way to the "cache failed" message you are seeing in netstat.
    The "cache failed" message in Netstat may be slightly misleading, and just indicates the connection has failed in some way.

Quote:

Who knows what or Tip, assistance and experience can carry on?

I have therefore now also understood is really confusing.

SORRY Google Translate with spelling errors (i like German language)

[ Editiert durch freepointer 10.07.2016 - 20:35 ]
  • »10.07.16 - 17:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    For someone freaking out about any little hickup your system is a mess.

Just from the screenshot I can tell you about 6 thingies running using online stuff. You have probably more in the background.

Just do not install every shit or live with the result.

It is impossible to say what and where the port stuff is coming from. Several tools als try to update themselfs and check for updates on boot.
  • »20.07.16 - 14:18
    boot_wb
    Quote:

freepointer wrote:
    Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:
    Quote:

freepointer wrote:
    Hi Guys,

What did you add?

I think I'm understanding what you're trying to do. (The diagrams showing all the peripherals and printers on the network didn't help to figure out the MorphOS specific part of the problem.)

It might interest you to know that Roadshow is available for MorphOS, which might be a bit more familiar to you. It's free to try, but costs money for the full version. Worth a try to see if it is more comatible with your existing config files.

AFAIK netstack (MorphOS standard TCP stack) should support Samba, FTP, etc fine, but I haven't tried the network filtering you are setting up.
    If you do carry on trying with Netstack, It would be very helpful to see what you have actually added to envarc:sys/net/hosts as well as any other network related files, such as inetd.conf you have changed.

Quote:

However, the confusion, and what makes me from Strange I is not started in inetd.conf the POP3 server, the netstat is but listen mode. I want this one time for all apart filtering, for those who can understand the server network level. I work in front of about 16 - 18 years then click Classic Amiga with GENESIS and MIAMI incl because said server services...

I suggest you look at Roadshow for a more familiar interface.

Quote:

boot_wb schrieb:

The Data Police is of course the machine IP address, but wanted to make this nich Public. But have the network now so far converted, actually therefore no longer relevant this in Revelation.

Understood. :)

Quote:

The system is as a data server Inranet and surf Internet machine, as well as well as FTP and mail client. with makes where the Apache server, the PHP Verssion I got there not walk on (comes time will tell)

As I said, the LISTEN brings a mess because the Windows PC ports can all be accessed and thus appear in NETSTAT correctly with IP address, but the 0.0.0.0 ports are plus, or indeed from the outset in Listen Mode.

[...]

Samba is not running properly. Port 901 is bound (Admin Web Console)
    but also not the 137 and 138 are properly bound, even though the Admin WEB CONSOLE anzegt the NMB Server service is running.

samba pic : nmbd_samba.jpg

But netstat shows again only 0.0.0.0: to 138 ports.

Here I have to sort out the firstonce BASIC error, so analyze the 0.0.0.0 bonds, adaptive optimization (Runs make) and then thus Smaba Optimize (Step by Step).

It might be best to approach this by looking at each (non-working) application individually rather than copying across a whole stack of software and configuration files. Netstack config files and UI are quite different from Amiga/Genesis.

Samba (on Amiga) is a nightmare at the best of times. I'm sorry that I cannot help you with that: it coud be anything.

I'd suggest using something more simple/stable/reliable (such as Apache, or an FPT server, etc) to troubleshoot the MorphOS specific part of your problem, where you can be certain that you are only chasing one problem at a time.

SORRY Google Translate with spelling errors (i like German language)

My German is almost certainly far worse. :)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »23.07.16 - 11:16
    Profile Visit Website
    freepointer
    Quote:

geit schrieb:

For someone freaking out about any little hickup your system is a mess.

Just from the screenshot I can tell you about 6 thingies running using online stuff. You have probably more in the background.

Just do not install every shit or live with the result.

It is impossible to say what and where the port stuff is coming from. Several tools als try to update themselfs and check for updates on boot.

Hello Geit, sorry to the first conflict, but like here now described (CDrom boot) it is so:

to boot in the test phase of the CD, set up the network level static (use) let the 0.0.0.0 nevertheless appear. Although then in envarc: sys / net / inetd.conf is the Standard !!! Thus, from START to the confusion of the individual ports, despite booting the CD

[ Editiert durch freepointer 29.07.2016 - 15:17 ]
  • »29.07.16 - 12:16
    Profile Visit Website
    freepointer
    People people, super feedback:

firstonce for all:
    to boot in the test phase of the CD, set up the network level static (use) let the 0.0.0.0 nevertheless appear. Although then in envarc: sys / net / inetd.conf is the Standard !!! Thus, from START to the confusion of the individual ports, despite booting the CD

then multiply by the data:

The long text form shortened times, (pictures again for clarity and the hosts and inetd.conf (morphos) ...) thus for all those times Reply's canceled / clarity:

1: HOSTS
    ===========
    Code:
    ### /8
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    #
    ### privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.x40/28
    #

privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.1 router #AVM Router
    #
    privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.4 ngc3621 #MacG5 MorphOS Server
    privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.5 linwin #Dual System (Worker)
    #
    ### Hotspot / guest
    #192.168.189.20 Blackberry1 #Handy 2
    #192.168.189.21 Blackberry2 #Handy 3 / reservere
    #
    privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.9 samsungngc3620 #Handy 1
    #
    ### vhost eblwebserver
    #
    #192.168.192.172 prisma.littlethink.de SLIP /PPP
    #192.168.192.173 prisma.littlethink.de
    #
    #192.170.1.23 demo02.do.main
    #192.170.1.24 demo03.do.main
    #192.170.1.25 demo04.do.main
    #
    privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.50 tablet #IPCAM
    privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.54 weather-cam #IPCAM
    #
    ### privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.255 BROADCAST

### privat network xxx.xxx.xxx.0/30
    #
    privat other network xxx.xxx.xxx.1 gateway
    privat other network xxx.xxx.xxx.2 ngc3620 #Router (alias)
    #
    #
    ###

2: InetD.conf
    Code:
    #! daytime stream tcp nowait root internal 
    #! daytime dgram udp nowait root internal
    #! time stream tcp nowait root internal
    #! time dgram udp nowait root internal
    #! ftp stream tcp nowait root NetWork:serv/ftpd in.ftpd
    #! whois stream tcp dos bin - echo
    #! auth stream tcp nowait root internal
    #! netbios-ssn stream tcp nowait root NetWork:samba/bin/smbd smbd
    #
    # This file start we can beginning my server :)
    # see anno 1997 prisma.zerberus.org / prisma.dame.de #
    #
    # end
    #
    # Start LITserv and Developer Serv
    #
    # LOCALHOST FS
    #
    # amiganetfs stream tcp nowait root litnet:serv/netfs-server
    #
    #http stream tcp nowait root apache:bin/httpd.040 www
    #
    http stream tcp nowait root amitcp:serv/eblwebserver httpd amitcp:
    #
    # Look the CGI Script with EBLwebServer (httpd go with apache "not standalone")
    #
    #
    # ftp stream tcp nowait root amitcp:ftpd/rcftpd/ftpd stuff:
    #
    ftp stream tcp nowait root amitcp:serv/ftpd in.ftpd
    #ftp stream tcp nowait root amitcp:ftpd/orangeftpd/orangeftpd stuff:
    #
    netbios-ns dgram udp nowait root samba:bin/nmbd nmbd
    netbios-ssn stream tcp nowait root samba:bin/smbd smbd
    swat stream tcp nowait root samba:bin/swat swat
    #
    # AmiPhone stream tcp nowait root amitcp:serv/AmiPhoned
    # CLChatSystem IRC Server
    # clchat stream tcp nowait root amitcp:serv/clchatd
    clchatirc stream tcp nowait root amitcp:serv/clchatircd
    #
    #
    smtp stream tcp nowait root amitcp:serv/in.smtpd smtpd RMAIL "amitcp:bin/EBLmailTo <%s %s"
    #
    # Virtualle Serial device
    # netser stream tcp nowait root amitcp:serv/netserd
    #
    # Telnet server (BBS Prometheus & eisfair)
    # nach OVH abgeschaltet "door closed" / 23-03-2016 entdeckt gegen 11:00 Uhr #
    #
    # telnet stream tcp nowait root AmiTCP:serv/telnetd
    #
    #
    # end LITnet IntraNET #
    # look as with Genesis (AmiTCP) and the Virtuahosting combi with EISFAIR Server
    #####

3: Images in repetition

listen_netstat.jpg - 1600-05-07-2016_listen_netstat.jpg - cache_netstat.jpg - mynet.jpg - 1600-05-07-2016_listen_netstat.jpg - pop_ssl.jpg - pop_pgp.jpg - netzwerk.jpg

OK, this time to my "revelation" of the data :D

wanting to somehow bring Without you now to AD-FREE, pure Informative information:

Under the IT Blogger "netWorker" => ( IT BloGGer ) times the Mercedes class AVM routers presented with spontaneous videos on the network / to date in 2014 esp. The IT network technology in the installation in commercial = Internet cafes and businesses (I ask any errors Funny scenes and or slip to to apologize because the videos were filmed SPONTANEOUS)

[ Editiert durch freepointer 29.07.2016 - 16:13 ]
  • »29.07.16 - 12:34
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    Quote:

freepointer wrote:
    People people, super feedback:

firstonce for all:

I wouldn't worry too much about the entries in Netstat - these seem to be related to inetd iteslf, rather than the actual operation of any services it manages.

I have just set up a working (basic) samba installation, and I also get these null ports in netstat.

Even if I put a silly entry in inetd:

test1 stream tcp nowait root foo:bar bar
    (and an entry in 'services' to match:
    test1 20057/tcp test1 #user test of 'missing' service)

This also results in a null port in Netstat when inetd is launched.

The screenshot here shows everything mentioned above.
    Note that that even with these null entries in Netstat, an smbfs client can still connect using port 139 to a working Samba server using inetd.

--------------------------------------------

Reading here suggests it is normal behaviour for netstat to show this information for listening services managed by inetd. This in fact shows that inetd is correctly set up to listen on the ports listed.

In summary - ignore the strange entries in netstat, they are normal.

Next step - download netcat from Aminet and use it to check each malfunctioning service individually.

[ Edited by boot_wb 30.07.2016 - 23:16 ]

Windows free since 2011!
  • »30.07.16 - 17:51
    Profile Visit Website