Cinnamon Writer v0.95 BETA for MorphOS - currently limited u
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    It runs, but there is little you can do with it at present, as there isn't even any printer or PDF support.

Images can now be loaded, but they all seem to end up with a red hue, and text jumps about on the page when you load an image, but there is a primitive Word-Wrap function also built-in.

However, the default Bitstream Vera Sans TTF font needs to be pre-loaded in SYS:Fonts/_ttf which is downloadable from the author's website - Download - Bitstream Vera Sans TTF Font - along with a few other assorted TTF fonts, and there are other TTF Google Fonts available for download via GitHub from the following link - GitHub - Hosting Google Fonts TTF - suitable for use with Cinnamon Writer - the author states.

Cinnamon Writer v0.95 for MorphOS can be downloaded from this link: Cinnamon Writer v0.95 BETA for MorphOS

The author is aware of these shortcomings, and is currently working to fix them, and requests bug reports to bugs@desler.be if anyone comes across such issues, so this does seem to be a W.I.P but there is a long way to go before we get something useful from this program it seems.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »26.04.16 - 03:58
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Printer/PDF support is not really active at this stage, even though the author is trying to get TurboPrint to work with his program, but Ghostscript does allow the saving of PDFs, once installed in Sys:Utilities/GS as only a requester pops-up asking for GS to be installed as in the 'path' stated (not modifiable) otherwise nothing useful happens.

I thought I would test the image STACKing option (gadget in the right corner of the image GUI), and this basically works, but there is no aspect/ratio perspective preserved when re-sizing the image.

The Undo option seems to work OK for text, but the number of UNDO/REDO Levels it may handle is not specified in any docs for the program, but hopefully this will be adjustable in the program prefs as the program improves?

I would hope that text highlighting and cursor page movement will be implemented as I only found that the 'home and 'end' keys move the cursor one word forward or back, wheras on most word processors that would move the cursor to the beginning/end of the line of text. Also, there do not seem to be any other combination keyboard shortcuts, AFAIK, which would be really handy for a wordprocessor.

It would be nice to have the option to incorporate the ToolBar into the top of the CW Window, as having the toolbar 'floating' over the page can be very distracting, and off-putting.

Also, the Toolbar has all the MUI/Program options, apart from shrink window/unshrink window, and the back/front gadget, wheras most programs have the MUI options in the main window, and as the Toolbar does not have the Close/Quit program gadget option that seems to be inconsistent with many other programs.

Also, the program exits immediately, if you opt to quit, but without offering the option to save a file, just in case you've fogotten to do so before you exit the program, which seems like an oversight that should be easy to fix.

[ Edited by NewSense 07.05.2016 - 05:35 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »07.05.16 - 03:34