USb Stick not on dektop any more...
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elowan
    hello,

I have some trouble accessing usb drives form desktop "workbench"

I can see the USB drive in Poseidon, there is also a pop-up, when I plug it in.
    In mounter, I can see it also. same for HDconfig.... but it gets not mounted to desktop (it worked
    some time ago, usb stick was shown as a 3.5" disk and I copied over some data.

I re-formatted the stick (FAT 32) and it works with other systems (linux, win and mac) but
    still not shows up in MOS...

what is wrong?
    12" ibook G4 1.33Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, ATI 9550 32MB, 16GB SSD, WiFi, BT, ComboDrive
  • »07.03.16 - 22:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elowan
    yes, I remember to "put it away" in the past... I was thinking, this was kind of "eject" function
  • »08.03.16 - 07:32
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    When the USB-stick is in the computer while booting and later on I change data with that stick from my Pegasos to my Apple then my Peg can't find the stick when I stick it back in the Peg.
    Only (simple) solution is to boot without that stick. Then then problem is solved and i can change the stick from my Peg to my Apple and back without any problems.

Regards Tom
  • »08.03.16 - 10:04
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    MorphOS is not that good at letting USB sticks/HDD:s show up. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes you find them in My Volumes instead, sometimes you don't. I hope this can be fixed.

Have you tried rebooting with the USB stick in? It usually works for me.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »08.03.16 - 12:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elowan
    Yes, tried that, but no success - no USB stick shows up on desktop... I will try the methode jPV suggested and see, if that works.
  • »09.03.16 - 08:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    If Stick is known by MOS and bound to masstore.class, it normaly appears on dektop. (check that with shell-command info). If not, it is hidden and appears only in MyMorphos (Devicelist). If you find it there, drag on deskktop and fix its position......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »09.03.16 - 12:19
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elowan
    Quote:

jPV schrieb:
    Does it show up in My MorphOS (device list window)? Can you see it in the shell with the Info command? If so, you maybe have put it away (hidden) and you could for example drag it back to the desktop from the My MorphOS window.

this worked! now usb stick shows up
  • »09.03.16 - 18:34
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Elowan wrote:
    Quote:

jPV schrieb:
    Does it show up in My MorphOS (device list window)? Can you see it in the shell with the Info command? If so, you maybe have put it away (hidden) and you could for example drag it back to the desktop from the My MorphOS window.

this worked! now usb stick shows up

Yeah, that "Put Away" is to hide unwanted icons from the desktop. MorphOS doesn't have similar method to remove USB mass storage devices like for example in Windows. You can usually just unplug the USB device when you're not writing into it, but if you want to unmount it on the filesystem level first to be more sure anything isn't writing to it, use the Eject screenbar module.
  • »09.03.16 - 18:49
    Profile Visit Website