How to change workbench-icon fonts
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elowan
    hi,

I want to replace the fonts for the "workbench icons" with "outline font2" but don't know how.
    With System->Font, there is only a system wide option to change fonts, but this is not, what I want.

Any ideas?

kind regards
    12" ibook G4 1.33Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, ATI 9550 32MB, 16GB SSD, WiFi, BT, ComboDrive
  • »07.03.16 - 18:07
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    Ambient settings -> Icons
  • »07.03.16 - 18:31
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elowan
    ok, I copied this fonthttp://aminet.net/package/util/wb/OutLineFont2 to serveral places, but it does not show up in the list...

does this font only work on amigaOS?
  • »09.03.16 - 18:37
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Elowan wrote:
    ok, I copied this fonthttp://aminet.net/package/util/wb/OutLineFont2 to serveral places, but it does not show up in the list...

That's not a font. It's a patch to have outlines drawn around any selected font, and that functionality is already built-in in MorphOS and you don't need (and shouldn't) install any 3rd party patches for it.

You can have the same effects on the Icon Display settings in the Ambient settings. In the Mode selection you can see Shadow, Alpha Shadow, and Outline options. You can also have same effects for any fonts used with MUI (see MUI font requester options).
  • »09.03.16 - 18:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elowan
    Quote:

jPV schrieb:
    Quote:

Elowan wrote:

That's not a font. It's a patch to have outlines drawn around any selected font, and that functionality is already built-in in MorphOS and you don't need (and shouldn't) install any 3rd party patches for it.

You can have the same effects on the Icon Display settings in the Ambient settings. In the Mode selection you can see Shadow, Alpha Shadow, and Outline options. You can also have same effects for any fonts used with MUI (see MUI font requester options).

Man, you´re awesome! helping me out once again. I was not reading on the linked site, just downloaded and tested (was in a hurry) - lately I saw, that the outlin2font has no .ttf or .font ending and I began to wonder ;)
  • »10.03.16 - 08:04