Grunch
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I have Grunch and have used it to update OWB, nice.. I have a question though. Each time I start it up it goes though "downloading image....:" for all 251 programs it has listed. Every single time... this is a 10min process. So, anytime I want to use Grunch I have to start it and then walk away from the laptop for 10min whille it does it thing before I can use the program.... Is this how it is supposted to work?
  • »23.02.16 - 00:37
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    If its taking you 10 min, then you have other issues. On my PB it took 2 minutes. Just timed it.
  • »23.02.16 - 01:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Doesn't take 10 minutes here but it goes though the process of checking stuff which takes a while.

Manfred
  • »23.02.16 - 06:31
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    If a server is unavailable or causing trouble like the kronos one, it takes some time.

There is no need to wait for anything. MorphOS does multitasking. Just klick Grunch into background or ignore the window and it is fine. If you want to speed up things, there are several ways. The settings allow disabling the image loading stuff. Also the automatic "check all" stuff can be disabled, so you can do a manual check/update of the applications you suspect to have an update.

Just imagine how long it takes to check all 251 programms by hand using owb and ambient to compare versions.
  • »23.02.16 - 08:51