Playing Videos
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I have put a few video files on my laptop. A couple of mpeg and a few avi. When ever I click on any of them to play them I get an error: "No hexview yet..." then the path and filename.
  • »21.02.16 - 05:15
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    There isn't a video player on the MorphOS installation by default, due the licencing reasons, but you should install MPlayer:
    http://library.morph.zone/Getting_Started#MPlayer

And to set it as the default player:
    http://library.morph.zone/Getting_Started#Configuring_MPlayer
  • »21.02.16 - 06:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I have mplayer it is in /applications/mplayer. I can open it and then play vidos in it. I follewed the instructions on the link provided. I swear I did, as best as I possibly could. I have stared at the screen untill my eyes hurt... why you ask?? Because now when I double click on a video, any video. My entire system locks up.
  • »21.02.16 - 06:46
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Weird... how about if you open the shell, and run the same line you configured to mime settings. Like:
    Run >NIL: SYS:Applications/MPlayer/MPlayer -gui 1 work:videos/somevideo

Does it hang then? Anyway, MPlayer should be rock solid and it never has crashed on me. I'd make that memory check on your system if these problems continue...

BTW. what kind of video you tried? Some reasonable sized which would actually play smoothly or some over heavy HD video?

[ Edited by jPV 21.02.2016 - 09:20 ]
  • »21.02.16 - 07:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    OK, so here is where I am at:

I have a video file in Work:video/video.mp4
    If I open mplayer and then open this file in mplayer it plays fine.
    If I double click on the file, mplayer gui opens but nothing plays. It just says "idol" at the bottom.

If I go to "execute command" and type "RUN>NIL:SYS:Applications/MPlayer/MPlayer -gui work:video/video.mp4" I get the message "Please insert volume RUN>NIL in any drive."

I also tried to just start mplayer form the "execute command" by typing "RUN>NIL:SYS:Applications/MPlayer/MPlayer" and get the same error.
  • »21.02.16 - 15:01
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

DFergFLA wrote:
    I have a video file in Work:video/video.mp4
    If I open mplayer and then open this file in mplayer it plays fine.
    If I double click on the file, mplayer gui opens but nothing plays. It just says "idol" at the bottom.

Hmmm... so mplayer starts at least, but what "idol"......

Quote:

If I go to "execute command" and type "RUN>NIL:SYS:Applications/MPlayer/MPlayer -gui work:video/video.mp4" I get the message "Please insert volume RUN>NIL in any drive."

I also tried to just start mplayer form the "execute command" by typing "RUN>NIL:SYS:Applications/MPlayer/MPlayer" and get the same error.

You are missing spaces between RUN and >NIL: and between >NIL: and SYS...
  • »21.02.16 - 15:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    The Clouds parted and the Angels sang!!

I This problem has been resolved.

Now for working on my OWB issue.... that one looks like it may be harder to fix.
  • »21.02.16 - 15:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

DFergFLA wrote:
    The Clouds parted and the Angels sang!!

I This problem has been resolved.

What was the problem?

Manfred
  • »21.02.16 - 20:51
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I am not 100% sure. Once it was pointed out to me that I was missing some spaces in my command line. I went back and tried manually typing it all in until I got it to work. I then went back to mime types and it looked good there, with all the spaces and everything. So.. I took out the %sp at the end, hardcoded a path to a video and tried again. Now I could open MPlayer by double clicking a video file, but it always opened the same one.. :) So, the then went back and put the %sp back in, then it worked fine after that...
  • »21.02.16 - 21:01
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Maybe some spaces or other characters had gone in wrong format when copying and pasting from the browser or something like that... seems to happen sometimes when I paste text from browser to other things. Or maybe there was some extra line change or similar character at the end of the line from pasting... if that could be possible in that situation, I don't know.

[ Edited by jPV 22.02.2016 - 08:20 ]
  • »22.02.16 - 06:14
    Profile Visit Website