Music Player
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I have gotten some music put on my system now. I can play them and the music appears in the ambient bar. I was just wanting to know, does the music player have a full gui? Can I create playlists? If, not can someone recomened a good player for MorphOS?
  • »21.02.16 - 00:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Try Jukebox, that allows for playlists, as does MPlayer, SongPlayer, there's also SoundBankster (DJ'ing really but will load/play mp3s), AminetRadio, all come with MorphOS, or there are other, and some older supported players such as DigiRoller, DigiBooster, even GoatTracker, ExciterPlayer, for modules, and don't forget to try some of the older Amiga Classic players as many of them work with MorphOS as well. Loads of choice . . ENJOY :bloons:
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.02.16 - 00:58
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Well I can find Jukebox, but where do I find SoundBankster. Am I nuts. I just can't find the program. Did you say it came with MorphOS?
  • »21.02.16 - 01:35
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I felt sure it came with MorphOS's most recent versions, but I suppose I could have been mistaken, anyway you can download it from:

http://morphos-files.net/remote/SoundBankster

Hope somehow this softens the impact of not finding it sooner. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.02.16 - 03:50
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I downloaded it and put in the Applications folder. Where should it be? I assure you there was no SoundBlanker folder before in the Applications folder. Now I am just curious. I even looked on the CD and could not find it.
  • »21.02.16 - 04:06
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Only Jukebox is included with MorphOS (and yes, it has gui and it supports playlists). Others mentioned probably come with the Chrysalis pack. Some people install it to top of fresh MorphOS installation and may get confused which came originally and which didn't.

Here's how to setup Jukebox as the default player:
    http://library.morph.zone/Getting_Started#Setting_Jukebox_as_the_Default_Player_for_MP3_Files
  • »21.02.16 - 06:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > MPlayer, SongPlayer, [...] SoundBankster [...], AminetRadio, all come with MorphOS

No, as jPV said.

> there are [...] some older supported players such as DigiRoller

The DB2/3 player DigiRoller is way newer than SongPlayer or AmiNetRadio.

> DigiBooster

DigiBooster2 and DigiBooster3 are commercial trackers. And the original DigiBooster doesn't run on MorphOS.

> ExciterPlayer

...is just a GUI for UADE.
  • »21.02.16 - 08:59
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I like Jukebox for it's nice mini size GUI, but I need to make the big version look better in MUI. Aminet Radio id also a very nice player with lots of functions. Then we also have the 68k AmigaAmp that works pretty OK despite it's age. A new version for 68k is on it's way. You can read how to get it to work here:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10078&forum=3#119299
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »21.02.16 - 11:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > the 68k AmigaAmp [...] works pretty OK despite it's age.

Well, the most recent m68k version is a mere 5 years old :-)
  • »21.02.16 - 11:56
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    As pure audioplayer (no streams) prefer Songplayer. Partly out of habbit (I use it * since ~ 20 years now..), but also because it has a very small footprint, plays many file formats, has a well structured GUI and a balanced set of settings (not too much, not too few).

For streams I use mplayer.

--
    * of course not the MorhOS version as MorphOS is not 20 years old yet, but I used the 68k version on my A1200 already.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »21.02.16 - 13:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    diezi7
    I would recommend you DAPlayer by Thomas Rapp. Very good for some mods formats, and MP3 (or could I say PM3 (Packed Music 3)?) of course. I like Jukebox too.
    PowerMac G4 MDD 1,25 dual (Registered)
    Pegasos II G4 (not working)
    Powerbook G4 1.0 15"
    -=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=
    http://amigalandia.blogspot.com.es/
  • »22.02.16 - 16:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Hi, I downloaded DAPlayer and I really like. On the webiste in the readme it states " id3tag.library to read ID3 tags" is needed to read id3 tags. I went to aminet and found libid3tag-morphos.lha. But I can't find anywhere that tells me what to do now. Where does this have to go for DAPlayer to use it to read mp3 tags?
  • »23.02.16 - 00:19
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

DFergFLA wrote:
    Hi, I downloaded DAPlayer and I really like. On the webiste in the readme it states " id3tag.library to read ID3 tags" is needed to read id3 tags. I went to aminet and found libid3tag-morphos.lha. But I can't find anywhere that tells me what to do now. Where does this have to go for DAPlayer to use it to read mp3 tags?

That's not the correct library. This is: http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/id3tag_lib (DAPlayer page has a link to it).

There isn't MorphOS native version of it, but you can use the 68k version.

Just copy the id3tag.library file from the archive to your SYS:Libs/ directory, and it should work automatically with the DAPlayer then.
  • »23.02.16 - 06:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    @ JPV

Thanks, I'll do that. Do you happen to know if DAPlayer is still being worked on? It doesn't look like it has seen an update in a long time.
  • »23.02.16 - 13:44
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    my ideal music player on MorphOS woudld be able to :

- play all lossless and hires format (including DSD) on an external DAC (i use JRiver on Windows and Audirvana on Mac) with direct access to hardware (no Directsound/CoreAudio/AHI ressampling shit)
    - play libraries stored on NAS (or the ability to build a consistent library locally from NAS stored files)
    - stream services such as Qobuz, Spotify etc.

but i don't think it will ever be possible on MorphOS !
  • »23.02.16 - 13:54
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

DFergFLA wrote:
    @ JPV

Thanks, I'll do that. Do you happen to know if DAPlayer is still being worked on? It doesn't look like it has seen an update in a long time.

No idea. I just noticed that I had downloaded and installed it couple years ago, but then I haven't used it ever :) It actually seems a nice program to play mods, so I'll probably start using it for that instead of UADE... although it doesn't seem to play all mods, but at least it has a GUI...

[ Edited by jPV 23.02.2016 - 17:59 ]
  • »23.02.16 - 15:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    @JPV

thanks for the assist. I now have working mp3 tags. I am getting an error though, I put the press applet into sys/prefs but when I try to open it I get "Could not open the following library. Window Class Version:41"
  • »23.02.16 - 23:15
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I put the press applet into sys/prefs but when I try to open it I get
    > "Could not open the following library. Window Class Version:41"

id3tagLibPrefs needs http://aminet.net/package/dev/gui/classact33
  • »23.02.16 - 23:48
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Ok, got it and unzipped it. I can assume that the prefs folder goes into prefs. But, does hte class folder go into sys?

I'm sorry, I just don't know this system well at all. I unzipped the lha file, inside it were two folders one called "Prefs" and the other called "Classes" I don't know if I should take the files out of these folders and move them somewhere, or leave them in these folders and move the whole foder somewhere. I looked and could't find any documents and didn't see any install information.

[ Edited by DFergFLA 23.02.2016 - 19:06 ]
  • »24.02.16 - 00:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I can assume that the prefs folder goes into prefs.

Yes, the contents of /Prefs/ goes into SYS:Prefs/.

> does hte class folder go into sys?

Yes, the contents of /Classes/ goes into SYS:Classes/.
  • »24.02.16 - 00:57
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    and there we go, it's all working now.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

:)
  • »24.02.16 - 14:16