How compatible is this: Powerbook G4 A1106
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Has a Radeon 9700.

Will wifi, usb and everything else work?
  • »04.02.16 - 16:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Will wifi, usb and everything else work?

Modem and Bluetooth are not supported, and FireWire only by a 3rd party component. Everything else is supported.
  • »04.02.16 - 17:08
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Ok...thanks! I'll buy it.
  • »04.02.16 - 17:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

Modem and Bluetooth are not supported, and FireWire only by a 3rd party component. Everything else is supported.

That's the case basically for all the MorphOS supported Apple hardware isn't it?

Anyway, is there any chance in the near future that Bluetooth will be supported by MorphOS as this is basically modern technology that we need to be able to utilise on a day-to-day basis, don't we?

We have USB but not isochronous access but is this in the works for release with MOS 3.10?

A Bluetooth stack is definitely required, as I hate to have to only have Mac OSX installed mainly to be able to use my bluetooth keyboard which is really useful, but without Mac OSX I cannot 'pair' it into the hardware configuration, as there is no MorphOS Bluetooth stack, but once it's been 'paired' through Mac OSX the pairing remains operational each time I boot MorphOS from a warm or cold reboot. I would likely use my other Bluetooth enabled hardware more if MorphOS had a built-in Bluetooth stack.

Helios - which I presume is what you mean by the firewire 3rd party component doesn't seem to have been worked on for ages, or is that something else that is currently in the 'pipeline'?

[ Edited by NewSense 04.02.2016 - 20:31 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »04.02.16 - 20:28
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> Modem and Bluetooth are not supported, and FireWire only by a 3rd party
    >> component. Everything else is supported.

> That's the case basically for all the MorphOS supported Apple hardware isn't it?

Absolutely.

> We have USB but not isochronous access but is this in the works for
    > release with MOS 3.10?

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10495&forum=9&start=8

> Helios - which I presume is what you mean by the firewire 3rd party component [...],
    > or is that something else that is currently in the 'pipeline'?

I was referring to Helios indeed.
  • »04.02.16 - 21:30
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

That's the case basically for all the MorphOS supported Apple hardware isn't it?

Yes, it is.

Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Anyway, is there any chance in the near future that Bluetooth will be supported by MorphOS as this is basically modern technology that we need to be able to utilise on a day-to-day basis, don't we?

Google for bluetooth and licence and you´ll be surprised about the costs this support would cause.
  • »04.02.16 - 21:31
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I'm fixing to meet up with a local Amiga user group called CTACS here in Austin Texas. Brought my G5 and my new to me G4 Powerbook. Installing MorphOS now. Looks like I'll need another reg key :-)
    http://imgur.com/6aMWkRW
  • »05.02.16 - 00:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I'm fixing to meet up with a local Amiga user group called CTACS here in Austin Texas. Brought my G5 and my new to me G4 Powerbook. Installing MorphOS now. Looks like I'll need another reg key :-)
    http://imgur.com/6aMWkRW
  • »05.02.16 - 00:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    Also line-in support is missing.
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »05.02.16 - 17:47