Despotify Bounty - update
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Last bounty which was opened was Despotify port which BSzili decided to take. It was impossible to port, also Despotify got obsolete and stopped working so bounty couldn't be completed.

I've decided to close the bounty and sent collected 424 PLN to BSzili as in my opinion he deserved it with all his work done already for MorphOS.

If any of the donors is not happy with my decision that please drop me a mail or PM and I will send his contribution back.

The donors list can be found at:

http://morphos.pl/port-programu-despotify/

[ Edited by pampers 12.01.2016 - 12:17 ]
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »12.01.16 - 12:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    BSzili
    I have mixed feelings about this. While it's true that I completed the port, Spotify decided to break their API, so it's not longer functional. Since the project is not developed anymore, this is unlikely to change, unless someone picks it up again. Either way, I'll upload the sources to GitHub soon.
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »12.01.16 - 13:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Imho you made a lot for MorphOS community with your software ports that this money can be taken as a donation. I think most of other users will agree with me.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »12.01.16 - 14:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Work completed deserves being paid for, especially when the functionality of the port was compromised by Spotify, and so was not your fault at all it seems. In any case you've done lots of other useful ports for games, and I hope the Arx Libertatis gets completed, or maybe you would release a completed version if you feel the payment of the bounty warrants you to do that. 8-D

I'm not at all interested in such ports as I don't feel the necessity to download music, or 'Tweet', or similar kind of online 'life', notwithstanding requiring a useable web-browser, which is 'de-rigueur' for this modern life, but I know there are plenty of people who do.

I'd rather see someone come up with a software solution for a complete office package that's fully useable with other OS's, which I believe is far more important to the whole community of MorphOS users than downloading music, etc.

As I believe someone once said ' let's stay focused on the steak, and not the peas' (or something like that). ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.01.16 - 15:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Spotify is not about downloading music. It's about listening to legal music online. I would love to have Spotify or Deezer client but it's not possible at all. Other option would be flash capable browser but isn't going to happen either :(
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »12.01.16 - 15:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    BSzili
    Thanks for the kind words. Even though I did my part, the bounty still didn't result in usable software, which makes me kind of uneasy to accept any money for it. Well, let the donors decide whether it should be refunded.
    With Arx Libertatis I wanted to wait until everybody makes it to the City of Arx, where the framerate plummets, so they'll shower me with money. Just kidding. In it's current state there's no way in hell I'll release it, but this is off-topic here.
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »12.01.16 - 17:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    As I said, you can consider that as a donation. If any donor is not happy with that I will fully refund him.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »12.01.16 - 17:57
    Profile Visit Website