Bounty to solve endianess issue in Odyssey's JavaScript engi
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    OlafSch
    Solve the endianess issue in Odyssey's JavaScript engine to allow using it on big endian CPUs. One of the approaches
    can be to bring in the minimal set of changes from Leaopard WebKit repository to Odyssey repository.

discussion here:
    http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9464&forum=8&post_id=97679#forumpost97679

I could imagine that it would be interesting for MorphOS users. Perhaps people could participate in discussion.
  • »10.12.15 - 10:23
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I'll happily donate, but only if someone with a good reputation steps up and say that he/she will do it and for how much. Othwewise such a bounty will probably just gather dust.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »10.12.15 - 12:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Is Deadwood going to take it?
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »10.12.15 - 14:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

OlafSch wrote:
    Solve the endianess issue in Odyssey's JavaScript engine to allow using it on big endian CPUs. One of the approaches
    can be to bring in the minimal set of changes from Leaopard WebKit repository to Odyssey repository.

discussion here:
    http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9464&forum=8&post_id=97679#forumpost97679

I could imagine that it would be interesting for MorphOS users. Perhaps people could participate in discussion.

Nice initiative but I'd prefer to put money into a port of Blink+V8 to Odyssey to replace WebKit as they work fine on PPC already and have the resources of IBM behind them to keep the branch up to date.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »10.12.15 - 15:14
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Quote:

OlafSch wrote:

discussion here:

Nice initiative but I'd prefer to put money into a port of Blink+V8 to Odyssey to replace WebKit as they work fine on PPC already and have the resources of IBM behind them to keep the branch up to date.

Good point!

I would support any bounty to allow Odyssey to continue working and moving forward, be it with Webkit, or any other engine, but I hope that who ever does the work, it would include ports for MorphOS, AROS, and AmigaOS4.x (even AmigaOS3.x if possible). I would be hesitant to support any bounty that only targeted a single NG AmigaOS, or left any of the 3 NG OSes out of the loop.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »11.12.15 - 00:58
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I'd agree, if all the Amiga-type users pool what funds we can, collectively that is, to offer as a bounty, as long as the various Amiga systems are offered a final version then surely that's got to be better than only MorphOS contributing to the bounty.

In any case, Odyssey is also the browser for OS4, so naturally they would want it to support OS4, and OS3 only has IBrowse and Netsurf in reality, neither of which offer a 'rich' web-browsing experience thesedays. So to be able to support OS3 users would be a great improvement, the only snag seems to be RAM for most of the legacy/Classic Amiga systems, as OWB really uses up RAM very quickly on some sites, and as the JavaScript core seems to be so 'leaky' you can't get the RAM back unless you quit and restart on most occasions.

Anyway, when I get a some money available, hopefully soon, I'll contribute to a bounty to resolve this issue, if someone sets one up, once we know the workability, and an estimate by someone prepared to take on this task, to bring about the solution to the problem.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »11.12.15 - 03:26