Wings Reloaded. Have you ordered your copy?
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Cinemaware have given an update on the current status of Wings Reloaded for Amiga OS/AROS/MorphOS.

If your interested in this game I'd recommend ordering ASAP since it will be the only chance to get the boxed edition and they are currently at around the 130 mark but need 300 to make it happen.

Quote:

Hey,

this is Sven from Cinemaware. First thanks for all your support. I want to give you an update and some short information. This physical release is limited to 300 Editions. This will be the only physical release, no 2nd Boxed-Edition will follow. It will be a classic BigBox with the Manual (Aviation Manual included), Poster and a CD which includes the Game and the Soundtrack. Also the classic Wings is included.

One important thing. This is a real community project. Daniel worked for free till now and continues with developing if we reach 150 sales (right now we are around 130) but can only be completed paid if we sell all 300 copies. We, Cinemaware, will not earn anything on this game. If all 300 Boxes are sold, he can also fully concentrate on the Port, so the release of Feb. 2016 is really safe. Sales goes complete to Daniel for the port and the production of the box. So its really important that we get sold out :) If this project and also the "Defender"-Project are successfull, then other ports to Amiga-Systems are realistic.

So please support this game and also spread the word and link :)

http://retro.cinemaware.com/product/wings-remastered-amiga-edition

Greetings
    Sven
  • »27.11.15 - 20:56
    hooligan
    Yes I have, but for Windows. To tell the truth I was expecting a bit more.. a remake is a remake, but additional content (and lots of it) was what I was waiting for. It just felt like the old Wings with updated graphics and sounds.. and that was not what I was looking for. I bet lots of people like it no doubt.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »27.11.15 - 21:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > It just felt like the old Wings with updated graphics and sounds

...which is exactly what it was announced as 13½ years ago.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020802093656/http://www.cinemaware.com/news.asp?news=newdrs
    http://web.archive.org/web/20020614200029/http://cinemaware.com/wingsremaster_main.asp
    http://web.archive.org/web/20031017091723/http://www.cinemaware.com/wingsremaster_main.asp
    http://web.archive.org/web/20021025152512/http://clickboom.com/wings/
    http://web.archive.org/web/20061107085909/http://www.clickboom.com/index.cgi?part=wings
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006LK0E/

;-)
  • »27.11.15 - 23:33
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    130 of 300? That doesn't sound too promising. I would imagine that most people have heard of it already, and those who are ready to buy it have already pre-ordered.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a cheaper, direct-download option. Getting the box is probably a little too expensive for a lot of people.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »28.11.15 - 09:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    No digital copy only?
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »28.11.15 - 10:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    I already ordered one. Simply because it was one of my favourites on classic Amiga, though it was unplayably slow in later levels. This "new" version is not.
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »28.11.15 - 12:42
    BSzili
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    130 of 300? That doesn't sound too promising. I would imagine that most people have heard of it already, and those who are ready to buy it have already pre-ordered.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a cheaper, direct-download option. Getting the box is probably a little too expensive for a lot of people.

Yup. A digital download option would attract people who not interested in an expensive boxed version. The remaining boxed copies could be sold post release.

[ Edited by BSzili 28.11.2015 - 15:59 ]
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »28.11.15 - 13:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    yup..ordered.
  • »28.11.15 - 20:48
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Daytona675x
    @Yasu
    @BSzili
    It's hard to come up with the right strategy here. We decided to take the "how many boxes we need to sell at which price at these and those production costs and these and those development costs" route.
    From experience with previous games and also considering the high demand for an Amiga version when the Wings Kickstarter campaign was running, the number 300 seemed to be optimistic but realistic.
    It's still realistic that those 300 will sell. However not as preorders. Yet the number of preorders is good enough for me to take the risk and to continue to work (see below).
    The thing with digital versions is that our calculation is not made for it :-) A digital version, to be worth it, has to be much cheaper than the box, of course. So if we had offered a digital version then the potential number of preorders had to be much higher. Much higher than 300. But 300 is already an optimistic number of customers...
    Last not least that "magic 300" is a good value when it comes to production costs.

@all who preordered:
    Thanks a lot, guys :-)

@all
    The minimum amount of 150 preorders has been reached by now which means: I'm working on the port again :-)

However, 300 are the amount we really need to fully cover all costs, including my development costs. Since this here is a complete rewrite and no "simple" port like for example Tower57 will be, those sum up.
    The 300-calculation was meant to cover about three months of full time work on this title (plus production costs plus some other Cinemaware outlays, and taxes of course).
    As you may guess with 150 preorders things look different. I am not able to work full time on this title for now. Consequently it is unlikely that the Feb. 2016 release date can be achieved.
    I'll do as much as I can, but I'll have to take care first that my warchest stays filled to a certain level.

Because forum work eats up my time too I decided to keep a small development diary (not much there yet) instead of answering question X over there and talk about progress Y somewhere else.
    That way you can always check out the current progress. I'll also answer (technical, gameplay related) questions there when I see some on any forum.

I'll also update the demo version from time to time, of course.

Cheers,
    Daniel
  • »07.12.15 - 17:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Hey,

this is Sven from Cinemaware. First thanks for all your support. I want to give you an update and some short information. This physical release is limited to 300 Editions. This will be the only physical release, no 2nd Boxed-Edition will follow. It will be a classic BigBox with the Manual (Aviation Manual included), Poster and a CD which includes the Game and the Soundtrack. Also the classic Wings is included.

One important thing. This is a real community project. Daniel worked for free till now and continues with developing if we reach 150 sales (right now we are around 130) but can only be completed paid if we sell all 300 copies. We, Cinemaware, will not earn anything on this game. If all 300 Boxes are sold, he can also fully concentrate on the Port, so the release of Feb. 2016 is really safe. Sales goes complete to Daniel for the port and the production of the box. So its really important that we get sold out :) If this project and also the "Defender"-Project are successfull, then other ports to Amiga-Systems are realistic.

So please support this game and also spread the word and link :)

http://retro.cinemaware.com/product/wings-remastered-amiga-edition

Greetings
    Sven

I hope this site and all other Amiga related forum sites will keep promoting this game. It is disappointing that more copies of this game have not been pre-ordered. There are always hundreds of Amiga users who complain about the lack of new games and other software, so this is their chance to make sure that this game as well as other future Cinemaware projects get ported to the Amiga platforms.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »07.12.15 - 19:05
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I wonder what it takes to sell the rest.

My MorphOS blog
  • »07.12.15 - 19:23
    Profile Visit Website
    BSzili
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I hope this site and all other Amiga related forum sites will keep promoting this game. It is disappointing that more copies of this game have not been pre-ordered. There are always hundreds of Amiga users who complain about the lack of new games and other software, so this is their chance to make sure that this game as well as other future Cinemaware projects get ported to the Amiga platforms.

These folks are like the ones who constantly ask for easier programming languages, RAD tools, more tutorials, etc. When get what they asked for, usually nothing happens.
  • »07.12.15 - 20:07
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Tried the game on G5 X8000 MOS 3.8. Idk if this has been reported before, but the plane and the crates are all drak. Other than that, game is really smooth!
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »07.12.15 - 20:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    It's being fixed for MorphOS 3.10.

My MorphOS blog
  • »07.12.15 - 20:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I just ordered my copy. I dont care about physical copy but since it appears to be only way to preorder...

The sales have already reached the critical 150 mark. it is very good number in Amiga community.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »08.12.15 - 13:07
    Templario
    Yes, of course.
  • »08.12.15 - 13:34
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

BSzili wrote:
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

These folks are like the ones who constantly ask for easier programming languages, RAD tools, more tutorials, etc. When get what they asked for, usually nothing happens.

That highlighted bit is SO true about all Amiga endeavors.
    'I'd like this (massive amount of work) completed so I can buy it (hopefully by yesterday)'.
    And when it is introduced, next to no sales.

Although 150 copies is not bad.
    I have a friend that used to write 8 bit code that drew the line at 50 copies.
    And this will sell more than 3 times that.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »08.12.15 - 16:46
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > These folks are like the ones who constantly ask for easier programming languages, RAD
    > tools, more tutorials, etc. When get what they asked for, usually nothing happens.

> That highlighted bit is SO true about all Amiga endeavors. 'I'd like this (massive amount
    > of work) completed so I can buy it (hopefully by yesterday)'. And when it is introduced,
    > next to no sales.

I think BSzili's comment was more referring to (wanna-be) coders :-)
  • »08.12.15 - 17:18
    BSzili
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > These folks are like the ones who constantly ask for easier programming languages, RAD
    > tools, more tutorials, etc. When get what they asked for, usually nothing happens.

> That highlighted bit is SO true about all Amiga endeavors. 'I'd like this (massive amount
    > of work) completed so I can buy it (hopefully by yesterday)'. And when it is introduced,
    > next to no sales.

I think BSzili's comment was more referring to (wanna-be) coders :-)

I was, but the principle is the same.
  • »08.12.15 - 18:41
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Daytona675x
    @all german readers
    I just kept my promise and made the game's development diary bilingual, you can switch to german by clicking on the coresponding icon located at the top-right of the page.
  • »24.12.15 - 11:14
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Yes, and the MorphOS version.
  • »24.12.15 - 13:18
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Daytona675x
    @Templario
    Pardon, what do you mean with "and the MorphOS version"?
  • »24.12.15 - 13:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

BSzili wrote:
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

Just saw this reply above today, which is why my reply is sort of late. I guess your reply might be aimed at me, since I have asked lots of questions about new programming languages or tools, and admitted many times that I want to become a programmer who writes code for AmigaOS3 & 4, and MorphOS.

You are correct in saying I haven't done anything yet, but I am still working on reaching my goal, and now that I have completed my move, I should have more free time to devote toward completing my goal.

At least I am willing to offer to pay for new programming tools and tutorials, if/when any are made available, and I also buy new software for any Amiga inspired platform, to reward the programmers who still do work for our platform(s).

I don't mind getting criticized for not accomplishing anything as a programmer yet, it only motivates me more to reach my goal.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.12.15 - 23:54
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Daytona675x
    @amigadave
    I don't think BSzili's comment was meant to be aimed at you and what or what not you accomplished as a programmer yet :)
    Btw.: did you get my PM here?
  • »25.12.15 - 06:53
    Profile Visit Website
    BSzili
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

BSzili wrote:
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

Just saw this reply above today, which is why my reply is sort of late. I guess your reply might be aimed at me, since I have asked lots of questions about new programming languages or tools, and admitted many times that I want to become a programmer who writes code for AmigaOS3 & 4, and MorphOS.

You are correct in saying I haven't done anything yet, but I am still working on reaching my goal, and now that I have completed my move, I should have more free time to devote toward completing my goal.

At least I am willing to offer to pay for new programming tools and tutorials, if/when any are made available, and I also buy new software for any Amiga inspired platform, to reward the programmers who still do work for our platform(s).

I don't mind getting criticized for not accomplishing anything as a programmer yet, it only motivates me more to reach my goal.

Again, this is not a criticism aimed at you, but people, who have asked for various programming-related resources (mostly tools), and when they got it, they did nothing with it. As far as I'm aware, you have no such track record, but if you do, you might get some coal from the Krampus this year :D
  • »25.12.15 - 07:39
    Profile Visit Website