Not having much luck with e-uae
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi all,

I have e-uae (and the JIT version) installed and working on my MorphOS 3.9 Mac Mini (1.42, 32 meg radeon 9200). I've created both a hard file (with Workbench 3.1 installed) and set up additional directories for use as partitions. That all seems to work well enough.

The problem I have is playing games from ADF files. I Ctrl-Alt-F1 to "insert" the ADF, reset e-uae, and I've then never been able to get further than the cracktro. As soon as I click through a cracktro introduction, I get a software failure. I've tried two versions of Lemmings and Superfrog. I've also tried ATR and the ATR CU Amiga coverdisk, but that doesn't get past a C64-esque coloured bar screen.

I've also tried with a 1.3 kickstart, and commenting out all of the hard file stuff, thinking that might be the issue.

Any ideas? Would be lovely to expand my MorphOS machine's repetoire with some 68k gaming. Thank you!
  • »04.10.15 - 19:39
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amiga4001
    I have e-uae installed on my peg2 G4 and I am using whdload on the amigaos 3.1 hardfile.
    This works very well.

Never tried adf....
    Powerbook 5,4 1.5GHz 1.5GB ram
  • »04.10.15 - 20:44
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Some games also may just be incompatible with newer Amigas, and should be run on an (emulated) A500.

There are some pre-made configs in E-UAE's Conf directory and if you look into Bonus directory, you'll see some stuff how to integrate E-UAE into Ambient's context menus. I'd suggest that you'd install them and then you can run ADF:s from Ambient by right clicking them. There will be an option to run them in A500 mode, which is good for the most disk based games.

I'd only run your own HD installed setup for other than ADF stuff.
  • »05.10.15 - 06:04
    Profile Visit Website