Power Mac Won’t boot MorphOS
  • Just looking around
    Symbola
    Hi,

This is my first post here, although I have had a Mac mini running MorphOS for a while now.

I have just got an Apple Power Mac 7,3 G5 2.7 DP 4GB RAM Radeon 9650 off EBay, it came with no hard disc.

I fitted an old 40GB SATA HDD, booted up the MorphOS install CD and successfully installed MorphOS. However, when I reboot nothing happens, just a blank screen. If I hold down the ALT key on a wired keyboard it will show the boot screen, and then successfully boot MorphOS. I can’t seem to select the hard disc on the boot screen as my wireless keyboard / mouse doesn’t work. The wireless keyboard / mouse do work when it’s booted up.

How can I get it to boot automatically? i.e. without needing to hold the ALT key...

Any clues appreciated!
  • »22.09.15 - 18:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Symbola
    Sorted!!

If I disconnect the Trust wireless keyboard / mouse it boots up from power up. If I connect my wired Dell keyboard and HP wireless mouse it boots up from power up.

So the problem was with the Trust wireless keyboard / mouse somehow not working with the Power Mac... Although exactly the same Trust keyboard / mouse boots fine on my Mac mini...

Strange, but sorted...
  • »22.09.15 - 19:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    MorphOS has a lot of issues with wireless keyboard and mouses. Some work, some don't. Good thing it worked out :-)
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »23.09.15 - 08:47
    Profile Visit Website