Sam460 MOS/OS4/Gruch
  • Just looking around
    ilbarbax
    Hi

Having a Sam 460 I'm in the idea to discard my mini with mos in favour to a double boot installation on the 460. I then installed mos on a separate disk on my Sam. Despite video card problems (it goes only in vesa mode) it is fine.
    I installed Grunch to further install my prefererred programs, and I noticed that it takes in account the OS4 disks too, then programs like yam appears to be installed but in the os4 disk. I would like to keep things separated and therefore i wonder if there is any way to exclude the os4 disk from the grunch view.

thanks
  • »14.09.15 - 13:17
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

ilbarbax wrote:
    Hi

Having a Sam 460 I'm in the idea to discard my mini with mos in favour to a double boot installation on the 460. I then installed mos on a separate disk on my Sam. Despite video card problems (it goes only in vesa mode) it is fine.
    I installed Grunch to further install my prefererred programs, and I noticed that it takes in account the OS4 disks too, then programs like yam appears to be installed but in the os4 disk. I would like to keep things separated and therefore i wonder if there is any way to exclude the os4 disk from the grunch view.

Grunch is by default searching all harddrives for already installed applications and uses their path to update.

Open the settings and go to the expert page. There is a switch in the application finder section. Check it and apply only your MorphOS drives (comma separated) to the string gadget below.

Grunch will no longer touch any drive unless you specify the path for an application on such drive.
  • »14.09.15 - 13:32
  • Just looking around
    ilbarbax
    thanks
  • »14.09.15 - 19:24
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

geit wrote:
    Grunch is by default searching all harddrives for already installed applications and uses their path to update.

Open the settings and go to the expert page. There is a switch in the application finder section. Check it and apply only your MorphOS drives (comma separated) to the string gadget below.

Grunch will no longer touch any drive unless you specify the path for an application on such drive.

Does Grunch come with a manual on how to set it up? I also have had some problems running Grunch and it not being able to find the correct path to all of the applications which I am trying to install or upgrade and I don't remember seeing a manual for Grunch when I have installed it a long time ago.

Grunch is one of my favorite utilities for MorphOS, but I must admit I have been too lazy to dig into exactly how it works, or all of the features it might have.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »14.09.15 - 19:37
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

Does Grunch come with a manual on how to set it up?

Sure there is a guide in english and german available, explaining the basics. Also every gadget has a help bubble explaining how it works.
  • »15.09.15 - 15:28
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

geit wrote:
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

Does Grunch come with a manual on how to set it up?

Sure there is a guide in english and german available, explaining the basics. Also every gadget has a help bubble explaining how it works.

Thanks, I'll make the effort to learn more about it by doing some reading and experimentation.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »16.09.15 - 00:04