OWB runs Hollywood's applet online
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    I tested the option to run Hollywood's applet online usingin OWB and configuring the browser, it call to Hollywood Player if it was installed and the applets run fine here the picture example:
    http://www.morguesoft.eu/Graphics/Imagen/OWB-MIMETypeHollywood.jpg

And a link to applet to test:
    http://www.morguesoft.eu/Paginas/PlayOnLine.htm
  • »15.08.15 - 18:58
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Hmm, deserves to be explored in a sober condition. ;-) Can Hollywood contents be embedded in a page as an <object> (or <embed>)?
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »15.08.15 - 20:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I always seem to have problems with the 'ogg' audio files in the Hollywood programs/applets as they aren't recognised on my MOS v3.9 system, which seems weird, but I don't see any datatypes for ogg vorbis or anything that would recognise the ogg-vorbis audio format.

Any ideas why my system keeps failing at that point would be appreciated, as it really is annoying. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »16.08.15 - 02:08
    eliot
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I always seem to have problems with the 'ogg' audio files in the Hollywood programs/applets as they aren't recognised on my MOS v3.9 system, which seems weird, but I don't see any datatypes for ogg vorbis or anything that would recognise the ogg-vorbis audio format.

Any ideas why my system keeps failing at that point would be appreciated, as it really is annoying. :-(

On my system it it works.
    You have to download the ogg Vorbis Plugin and install it (use the Installer)
    Ogg Vorbis Amiga Plugin
    regards
    eliot
  • »16.08.15 - 08:24
    Templario
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma escribi�:
    Hmm, deserves to be explored in a sober condition. ;-) Can Hollywood contents be embedded in a page as an <object> (or <embed>)?

Humm, I think that in this point Andreas and Fabien will work join for this good Hollywood and OWB improvement.
  • »16.08.15 - 12:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Hi Eliot,

Thanks for pointing out that Hollywood needs the plugin to play ogg vorbis audio files. MorphOS is supposed to be able to recognise ogg files by default, so I don't understand why it needs the plugin. I'm confused :-(

I installed the plugin anyway, and that seems to fix the ogg files problem, so thanks, but if MorphOS is supposed to be able to handle ogg files, through Reggae I believe, then why can't it do it 'automatically' without the use of a plugin?

Then there's the issue of the files not loading WMV files even though MPlayer can handle them in MorphOS, but there is no direct MOS method for the program(s) to manage the files through the Hollywood player it seems, but I suppose I will just install all the Hollywood plugins as well, and hopefully that will solve these issues. :-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »17.08.15 - 01:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > MorphOS is supposed to be able to recognise ogg files by default, so I don't
    > understand why it needs the plugin. I'm confused :-(

The plugin is needed by Hollywood and its programs, not by MorphOS itself.

> if MorphOS is supposed to be able to handle ogg files, through Reggae I believe,
    > then why can't it do it 'automatically' without the use of a plugin?

Hollywood can't do it without plugin because Hollywood does not make use of Reggae. The Hollywood author could likely add to Hollywood the ability of interfacing with Reggae but this would work on MorphOS only thus counteracting the main purpose of Hollywood.

> Then there's the issue of the files not loading WMV files even though
    > MPlayer can handle them in MorphOS

MPlayer is not a Hollywood program. Hollywood programs need this for ASF (WMV, WMA) files:

http://www.hollywood-mal.com/download/AVCodec_Amiga.lha

> I suppose I will just install all the Hollywood plugins as well, and
    > hopefully that will solve these issues. :-)

Yes it will.
  • »17.08.15 - 12:53