muliple hard drives
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    rlitt01
    So, I took a look here everymac.com. I'm wanting to install multiple operating systems including MorphOS. Anyone have any experience with this product? From my understanding having this inside would require more fans due to generating more heat.
    Powermac G5(A1047) 2.3GHz Registered MorphOS
    Powerbook G4 PowerBook5,8 1.6GHz Registered MorphOS
    Powermac G5(A1047) 2.0GHz Registered MorphOS
    Icaros Desktop 3.0GHz
  • »29.07.15 - 18:08
    Kronos
    Why not just put 1 big drive in there ???
  • »29.07.15 - 18:44
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pan1k
    It's not hard at all. No power or SATA cables needed. What I did is had one Media drive formatted Fat32 and kept all my Music on that drive and had another drive for my OS installs. You need the rounded screws to slide the drives into the carrier. I was able to make it work with some generic screws though.
    MacMini 1.5Ghz / Amiga 4000T Cyberstorm 060, 132MB RAM, Cybervision 64/3D, XSurf-III, MP3@64, Buddha Flash / Amiga 1200 GVP 030, Subway USB, 32MB RAM
  • »29.07.15 - 19:48
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    rlitt01
    Quote:

pan1k wrote:
    It's not hard at all. No power or SATA cables needed. What I did is had one Media drive formatted Fat32 and kept all my Music on that drive and had another drive for my OS installs. You need the rounded screws to slide the drives into the carrier. I was able to make it work with some generic screws though.

Are you referring to the product for multiple drives in the post? If so, did your fans run loud?(Mean overheating)
    Powermac G5(A1047) 2.3GHz Registered MorphOS
    Powerbook G4 PowerBook5,8 1.6GHz Registered MorphOS
    Powermac G5(A1047) 2.0GHz Registered MorphOS
    Icaros Desktop 3.0GHz
  • »30.07.15 - 00:46
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

rlitt01 wrote:
    Quote:

pan1k wrote:

Are you referring to the product for multiple drives in the post? If so, did your fans run loud?(Mean overheating)

It appears that he only added a 2nd hdd, not more than 2, so he did not need any additional product. His comment that no additional power or SATA cables would indicate that he only installed 2 hdd's using the stock provided hdd drive bays, power connectors, and SATA cables.

Since MorphOS and all of the software that runs on it (not counting every Amiga game & application that can also be run via EUAE), does not take up terabytes of space, I would suggest just getting two large hard drives and partitioning them for your 2, or 3 different OS installations, assuming that you only want to run MorphOS, MacOSX, and PPC Linux. On PPC Mac hardware that is supported, it is easy enough to use the firmware to select which bootable partition or hard drive you want to boot into when starting, or restarting the computer. I have a dual boot setup on most of my MorphOS systems.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »30.07.15 - 17:56