Strange Copy behaviour Synergy
  • Just looking around
    Gerbinist
    I'm using the following setup:

Laptop (Windows) - Synergy Server (1.7.4)
    Mac Mini (MorphOS) - Synergy Client (MOS 3.9)

Keyboard and mouse work perfectly, but something strange happens when I want to Copy some text in my MOS session. Even when not using a keyboard shortcut, but using the mouse and go to the Edit -> Copy entry in the menu, the pointer activates the laptop session and jumps to the middle of the screen (happens in every program that has a Edit -> Copy menu entry). This also happens when for instance using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-C.

The server then outputs the following:

ERROR: invalid message from client "MorphOS": DCLP
    INFO: jump from "MorphOS" to "Laptop" at...

I also haven't been able to transfer the clipboard content from one machine to the other, but that's something I haven't looked into yet.

Does anyone know what's going on?
  • »27.07.15 - 23:05
  • Just looking around
    Gerbinist
    I did some more testing and installed an older server version on the laptop (1.4.18 / May 16, 2014).

Problem non-existent with this older version and clipboards are also shared correctly now.

For reference sake, version without mentioned issue can be downloaded from:

http://synergy-project.org/download/free/
  • »28.07.15 - 16:58
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Looks like a bug in the Synergy version you've mentioned... they tend to break compatibility in the protocol... sigh
  • »29.07.15 - 09:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    I have a server on another machine on 1.7.2 if you want a slightly newer but not current working version, copy and paste is working between all five machines on it. If you find a bug in later versions, submit a bug. They're after people joining their betatester program at the moment.

The synergy client closing and returning the mouse to the centre of the server screen happens on morphos when I run and exit a scene demo while focus hands over to the os from the demo and back, but I'm frankly amazed synergy even copes with that at all, let alone has some pointer weirdness. Very impressive it copes.

jacadcaps, any chance of porting to morphos the ssl wrapper enabled version of the client in synergy+? I'm going to assume not because of licensing issues, but the keystrokes (eg passwords...) between screens transit the lan in cleartext unless your wrapping in other methods.
  • »18.08.15 - 15:47
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

MrFluffy wrote:
    jacadcaps, any chance of porting to morphos the ssl wrapper enabled version of the client in synergy+? I'm going to assume not because of licensing issues, but the keystrokes (eg passwords...) between screens transit the lan in cleartext unless your wrapping in other methods.

I never really checked the original Synergy's sources to see how the ssl layer is done - mostly cause that'd inflate the binaries from kBs to MBs. Still, anything is possible, but my spare time for MorphOS is extremely limited these days.
  • »18.08.15 - 16:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    After 1.7, synergy pro moved to openssl rather than their own bespoke solution of the earlier builds because I guess nick bolton realized that openssl would do it better than he could.
    As your served a ns.so plugin file when you register a client as part of the pro features enablement, that would have to be ppc binary compatible too. I haven't looked much at it since I got 1.7.2 working as ssl wrapped on gentoo, its a bit of a chore to get admin rights on some of the machines it controls to do upgrades for the sake of it.
    But completely understood on the spare time to play with things...

Probably I can delve round with ssh and create a tunnel and do it the original way before pro came along, but if a later version of synergys has enabled mixed ssl and non ssl clients on the same lan (1.7.2 won't let *any* clients connect if a non ssl enabled one attempts to connect with the server in ssl mode, it effectively DOS's the synergys) then I'll probably just live with morphos client keystrokes being open on the local lan.
  • »18.08.15 - 16:50