Please Delete this Thread!
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @Minuous

Please ignore amigadave's rants here, he simply can't stand being wrong in public, he never could. Rest assured that the community greatly appreciates your past, current and future efforts!

For this we thank you!

:-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »18.07.15 - 09:28
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Minuous
    You slandered me in a public forum and expect me not to respond to this!? You think you can send me some $50 machine that didn't even work properly and I'm you slave forever? After I spend many hours fixing MOS issues? I develop 9 Amiga programs already. That's not enough, you demand 10. But your pathetic demanding attitude is not going to get me to write software after this.

There are some in the community like Papiosaur that are trying to encourage developers, there are others like you that are just lamers who complain and don't write any programs.

Anyone who looks at the release history for my software (http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/notes.rar) will realize that I have done more for the Amiga this year than you have done in your lifetime. So you can shove it.

[ Edited by Minuous 18.07.2015 - 22:35 ]
  • »18.07.15 - 13:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

Minuous wrote:
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I have donated computer gear to other developers in the past, but so far I have not seen any programs completed for MorphOS by any of them

That statement is demonstrably untrue.

Yup. Iam with you because I have completed programs for MorphOS, too. I received my first Pegasos over 10 years ago (I could not afford new or old hardware back then).

However, from all those free Pegasos and Efika systems Genesi was throwing away maybe only 1% produced something. So in general it is fruitless but sometimes you can get something out with it.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »18.07.15 - 15:49
    hooligan
    Quote:

Minuous wrote:
    ..there are others like you that are just lamers who complain and don't write any programs.

Greetings to elite, fuckings to lamers.

Thank you.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »18.07.15 - 16:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    @Minuous

Please ignore amigadave's rants here, he simply can't stand being wrong in public, he never could. Rest assured that the community greatly appreciates your past, current and future efforts!

For this we thank you!

:-)

Rant? Seriously?
    This from one of our serious ranters.
    And I haven't seen much resulting from bounties or donations either.
    For instance, how's that AREXX port coming?

And like Dave, I have supported donations of equipment and funds in the past.

So, from here out, I am only donating to people with a proven record of results.

So, how is that "wrong"?
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »18.07.15 - 16:52
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @Jim

Did you just manage to turn Bad into Worse? :-o
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »18.07.15 - 19:27
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    @Jim

Did you just manage to turn Bad into Worse? :-o

I pride myself on ALWAYS being able to be a bigger asshole than the next guy. ;)
    Besides, David wasn't that far off base.
    Donations have only worked well with developers that have proven track records.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »18.07.15 - 20:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I have donated computer gear to other developers in the past, but so far I have not seen any programs completed for MorphOS by any of them

On the other hand, price of a second hand Apple computer is worth almost nothing, compared to programmer salaries.

As for development, I have a linux server for MorphOS cross development, which I could share access to (although I think I need to do some bigger updates before sharing access to several people). It's pretty standard debian environment with ssh server.

And an important note for less technical people: A cross development environment is never a replacement for native MorphOS system. You can get programs compiled, but you have absolutely no way to run (or debug) them.

Without reading all the posts here this far, the cheapest MorphOS system is probably a compatible PowerMac system, if you can find one locally. Especially if physical size is no issue.

Personally I'm pretty low on income side currently, so I can't do much more, but could probably grant the server access after some time, if needed.
  • »19.07.15 - 01:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

KuyaMarc wrote:
    Hello! I'm a disabled person living in the Philippines. Amiga hardware is not locally available. I'm living off a small disability income, so I can't buy someone else's product. The Amiga computer does not have to be new; if it can run MorphOS and/or AmigaOS without emulation, then I can accept it. If it has AmigaOS 4.1FE on it, then that would be better.

I previously had the Amiga 500 in 1988...

I want to start software development on a real Amiga computer. Thanks in advance.

Hello KuyaMarc.

We are glad that even people from the Philippines will join this community.

Don't worry for the cold welcome.

This is a small community of very harsh and rude people and we have all "poisonous teeth" as in 30 years of Amiga we saw literally dozens of good projects and developments of software fail miserably or migrate to other platforms.

So again don't worry and be happy. To be an amigan or Morphos user requires to take life as it comes, with a certain quantity of humor.
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »23.07.15 - 08:34