How can I adjust brightness on my iBook G4? (Unique Situatio
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    KuyaMarc
    My iBook G4's on-board keyboard is broken (long-story), so I need an alternative way of adjusting the brightness of the LCD screen. I use generic USB keyboards with my iBook G4 and the F1/F2 keys are interpreted as F1/F2 keys. Clicking on that laptop setting has no effect, even when saving and rebooting.

My quick fix is to trigger Posideon by unplugging and replugging the USB keyboard, but the LCD dims after a few minutes. Watching a video in MPlayer doesn't make the LCD brighter.

1. Is there a shell command to set my LCD brightness to 100%?
    2. Is there software I can download to give that function?
    3. Is there a "jump code" that I can use so I can compile a binary from C?

Before dumping my dual-boot setup (Mac OS X Leopard & MorphOS), I did not have the screen at full brightness. In Leopard, I could adjust the LCD brightness using F1/F2 on my USB keyboard. I think I was able to do it in MorphOS 3.7, but I cannot remember. I am running MorphOS 3.9 entirely now.

There are other hardware defects in my G4, so I need software to "override" to adjust LCD brightness. Power management is not an option as I damaged the internal 5VDC regulator a few years ago (USB ports output 4.5VDC).

Thanks in advance.
    I AM NO LONGER A MORPHOS USER!
    I AM NO LONGER SUPPORTING MORPHOS!
    PLEASE DELETE ALL MY POSTS! PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!
  • »15.07.15 - 21:11
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Open ENVARC:Sys/laptopquick.conf file and edit the Brightness value there - the range is from 1 to 16 (full brightness). Save and reboot.
  • »16.07.15 - 07:04
    Profile Visit Website