MorphOS dev forums...
  • Just looking around
    Jose
    Hey.. Since many years since I've first learned C on the Amiga and asked around for help on forums(Amiga.org and utilitybase etc.) the community has become more fragmented, each with their own forums, not that there aren't any general ones, but most OS4 devs hang around on os4coding.net (I think anyway, haven't accompanied things that much...), for example...

So what is the de facto forum for MorphOS developing ?

I'm asking this because I'm in the process of slowly finishing something that was originally for myself but I think has the potential to be useful as small dev tool/framework and I want to compile it for MorphOS too. Before continuing I'd like to ask the dev community their opinion/preferences on some aspects of it's API and overall structure...
    If anyone's interested in it of course...:)

Cheers
    Jose
  • »15.07.15 - 01:27
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    This is the place where the MorphOS Team developers are likely to read your questions and help. You can also ask on the #morphos irc channel, just don't expect immediate responses.
  • »15.07.15 - 07:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > utilitybase

The site http://www.amigacoding.de has been created as an inofficial Utilitybase successor 2.5 years ago. It's not really used for MorphOS-specific discussions, though.
  • »15.07.15 - 07:46
  • Just looking around
    Jose
    Awesome. But I think there should be a way to make posts about dev stuff without flooding the main page with my boring questions...
    I'll start posting soon, nothing special..
  • »15.07.15 - 14:48
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    I think "getting useful answers to coding issues" is worth much than "flooding forums" should bother anyone.

Besides:
    1)Some topics aren't visible on front page (which also means, many developers might not read them)
    2)You can ask several questions in a single post.
  • »19.07.15 - 00:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ausPPC
    I'm just a tiny bit biased here but I think it's good to have developer questions show up on the main forum as it might give aspiring programmers some extra exposure to the particular kind of problem solving that programming involves.
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »19.07.15 - 01:43
    Profile Visit Website