arexxwebserver is not reachable: device or disk not mounted?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    I want to run arexxwebserver from Work:arws/ on MOS but the config seems to be wrong. I put the line
    http stream tcp dos bin - c:rx Work:arws/webserver.rexx
    in inetd.conf and
    www 80/tcp http # WorldWideWeb HTTP
    in services. After a reboot I run the browser and go to http://localhost
    but then NetStack Log pops up and says

Thu Jun 17 21:15:23 2015 [err ]: inetd[20cab740]: Re-Open(TCP:O=65540): : Gerät (oder Datenträger) ist nicht angemeldet

This means something like "device or disk is not mounted.

What does it mean? Which device is not logged on? Is there more that I must configure or did I do it wrong?
  • »18.06.15 - 20:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > NetStack Log pops up and says
    > Thu Jun 17 21:15:23 2015 [err ]: inetd[20cab740]: Re-Open(TCP:O=65540):
    > : Gerät (oder Datenträger) ist nicht angemeldet
    > This means something like "device or disk is not mounted.
    > What does it mean? Which device is not logged on?

Reads to me like you need to mount TCP:
  • »18.06.15 - 21:35
    connor
    That worked, thanks. I wonder why I have to do that. Because on an Amiga I did not have to do it so many years ago. And what does it actually do?
    Also when I use another webserver like the w3s from Aminet it does not show the web pages. I ran the config tool to set the path for my index page. I put the same index.html as in arws and change the path in inetd to w3s instead of arws but then the browser window stays empty. There is no result. What can it be?
  • »23.06.15 - 18:49
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    That worked, thanks. I wonder why I have to do that. Because on an Amiga I did not have to do it so many years ago. And what does it actually do?

Depending what TCP/IP stack you did use on the Amiga, it might have been mounted by default on it. Or you just don't remember that you've mounted it at some other point ;)

TCP: device allows user/program to open TCP connections to the net just like you'd open a normal file and allows you to read and write on it. It requires no knowledge of network programming etc, if you want to have simple queries to the network on your programs or scripts. It's quite handy for example with Lua and ARexx scirpts to use some web services for example. Just open a TCP:hostaddress/port file for read and/or write and handle it as a regular file.

TCP: device can easily be enabled from the S:user-startup in MorphOS, there's already a line for it by default, just remove the ; character in front of it to uncomment it.
  • »24.06.15 - 06:30
    Profile Visit Website
    connor
    I enabled it in S:user-startup. I use the stack from MOS itself. I think it is an updated AmiTCP, is that right? Os Amiga OS 3.x I used Miami and Genesis. Maybe both did mount it by default.
  • »25.06.15 - 18:33
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > the stack from MOS [...] is an updated AmiTCP, is that right?

Not quite. AmiTCP is based on a very old BSD TCP/IP stack, while NetStack since MorphOS 3.2 is based on newer BSD TCP/IP stack.

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=11&topic_id=8914&start=47

> Os Amiga OS 3.x I used Miami and Genesis.

Genesis is just a GUI for AmiTCP anyway.
  • »25.06.15 - 21:08