Cannot type "@" character....
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    D4Ni3L3
    Hello folks,

can you tell me how to type "@" character?

I have MorphOs installed on a Mac Mini with an original italian Apple Keyboard...

and have chosen italian keyboard preference during the installation...

I am going nuts...

Help me :(

[ Edited by D4Ni3L3 04.06.2015 - 21:42 ]
  • »04.06.15 - 22:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Try keymorpher_v1.1 for MorphOS which should show you the key that is currently setup to use that character. Hope that helps
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »05.06.15 - 00:01
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    Hi D4Ni3L3!
    You can try to solve your problem going here:
    Keymap italiana per MorphOS
    This italian keymap was made by prof Fulvio Peruggi and cover almost all key combinations on a common pc keyboard and it should work on an Apple keyboard too. This is my idea and I can't test it since I use a pc keyboard but I saw that keys are almost similar.
    Download and install it in SYS:Devs/Keymaps and select it from System Settings/Keyboard.
    On a pc keyboard key combination is ALT+@key and I've read that it's the same on an Apple keyboard. Try it and let us know =)

Ciao!
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »05.06.15 - 10:11
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Simply use Alt+Q. At least it works here when selecting an italian keyboard.

Same position as on any PC keyboard. There is also the tool KeyShow included (Tools/KeyShow), which allows to find a key very easy.

Geit
  • »05.06.15 - 12:44
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    SHIFT+2 works here
  • »05.06.15 - 16:23
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    Italian keyboard has different symbols for keys and "@" key is on "ò" key, on the left side of keyboard:

http://cnt.lakefolks.com/it-index.htm

and it's the same for Mac keyboard:

http://www.taketech.it/mac-le-scorciatoie-da-tastiera-che-dovete-assolutamente-conoscere/

MorphOs has two "strange" things since 1.4: the keyboard layout, not italian layout, and the italia.country file, which starts week day from Sunday instead of Monday.
    That's why I use Fulvio Peruggi's file for keyboard and a modified italia.country file for days :-)

[ Edited by Jambalah 05.06.2015 - 16:58 ]
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »05.06.15 - 16:49
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    D4Ni3L3
    Quote:

geit wrote:
    Simply use Alt+Q. At least it works here when selecting an italian keyboard.

Same position as on any PC keyboard. There is also the tool KeyShow included (Tools/KeyShow), which allows to find a key very easy.

Geit

Alt+Q works fine on my keyboard. :)

Many thanks to all of you for the precious help.

[ Edited by D4Ni3L3 05.06.2015 - 20:36 ]
  • »05.06.15 - 21:34
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    D4Ni3L3
    Hello!

I tried Fulvio's Peruggi keyboard and it works fine on my Apple Keyboard. I made some tests with a PC keyboard by TRUST and it works fine too.
    I prefer using apple keyboard because I can reset the Mac Mini with the key combination CTRL + APPLE ( on the left side ) + CTRL APPLE ( on the right side ).
    I tried the same positioned Keys on the PC keyboard and I cannot reset.

So what can you say to me about key resetting? How do you perform it?

[ Edited by D4Ni3L3 07.06.2015 - 20:59 ]
  • »07.06.15 - 21:58
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    Quote:

D4Ni3L3 wrote:
    Hello!

I tried Fulvio's Peruggi keyboard and it works fine on my Apple Keyboard. I made some tests with a PC keyboard by TRUST and it works fine too.
    I prefer using apple keyboard because I can reset the Mac Mini with the key combination CTRL + APPLE ( on the left side ) + CTRL APPLE ( on the right side ).
    I tried the same positioned Keys on the PC keyboard and I cannot reset.

So what can you say to me about key resetting? How do you perform it?

Hello D4Ni3L3,

with the Apple keyboard you con use LEFT CTRL - LEFT APPLE - RIGHT APPLE (no need for RIGHT CTRL), with the PC keyboard connected to the Mac Mini you should use LEFT CTRL - LEFT WINDOWS - RIGHT WINDOWS (at least I hope so: this work on a Pegasos, but is untested on a Mac Mini).