Looks like my guess about Trevor being a White Knight Invest
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    This news would sure see to indicate that.

Quote:

Brussel, April 12, 2015

Contrary to some news items posted on certain websites, Hyperion Entertainment CVBA is not in a state of bankruptcy. Due to an unfortunate set of cirucmstances, the company was temporally listed as "bankrupt" despite the fact that the conditions for bankruptcy were never met and that in the eyes of the law, the company was never bankrupt.

Development of AmigaOS 4 (which recently culminated in the release of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition) is and has been ongoing albeit that some resources had to be directed away to support the upcoming hardware of A-EON Technology.

The company is in the process of reorganizing itself by opening up its shareholdership and appointing a new exective director. More details on that will follow when all legal formalities are behind us.

Quite a few AmigaOS 4 supporters have approached us with the question what they can do to help us accelerate development of AmigaOS 4.2.

To that we have a very simple answer: please upgrade all your AmigaOS 4 capable hardware to AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition.

Not only will AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition be used as a base-line for future updates, you will also help us to accelerate AmigaOS 4.2 development!

Those of you who have other concrete ideas, we welcome to contact us.

We appreciate your support and we look forward to meet you at any of the upcoming celebrations of the Amiga's 30th birthday!

New director must be Trevor. Cut out the fluff and what is left? To me Trevor swooped in and paid off the Creditor(s), under the agreement that Hermans take a back seat and Trevor (and/or A-Eonkit employees such as Matthew) take over running HYPErion.

We'll see if I am right, but I'd bet money that's what this soft sell is all about.
  • »14.04.15 - 03:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    To me..I think its good. I wouldnt want OS4/Hyperion to go under. Competition is always good....even though MorphOS devs are better.
  • »14.04.15 - 12:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    To me..I think its good. I wouldnt want OS4/Hyperion to go under. Competition is always good....even though MorphOS devs are better.

Obviously it would be a sharp improvement. A-Eonkit is not starry-eyed perfection to me, but would obviously be heads and shoulders over what HYPErion have been and have accomplished under Hermans.
  • »14.04.15 - 13:53
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    dekanyz
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:

Yes, competition is good...
    On the other hand, there is a small community what is further devided... what is bad!
    I will not pray for Hyp...

[ Edited by dekanyz 14.04.2015 - 14:08 ]
  • »14.04.15 - 14:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    The community is devided no matter what we do at this point. But it's a really good thing that both MorphOS and AmigaOS 4 will get new hardware at the same time. It gives people the posibility to test and chose so they can make up their own minds which they prefer.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »14.04.15 - 17:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

dekanyz wrote:
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:

Yes, competition is good...
    On the other hand, there is a small community what is further devided... what is bad!
    I will not pray for Hyp...

I doubt many from the OS4 side would jump to the MorphOS side if Hype went down under. If MorphOS would go under, I wouldnt go to OS4. No point. I'd use MorphOS until it wasnt usable, then I'd bail and not use it after that, just like Classic Amiga OS.
  • »14.04.15 - 17:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Simon
    why would Trevor / aeon send an x5000 to the Morphosteam and at the same time invest in Hyperion ? Very unlikely I think.
    Proud member of the Belgian Amiga Club since 2003

• »14.04.15 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    BSzili
    We'll see when the identity of the "new exective director" is revealed.
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »14.04.15 - 20:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Quote:

Simon wrote:
    why would Trevor / aeon send an x5000 to the Morphosteam and at the same time invest in Hyperion ? Very unlikely I think.

Why unlikely? At the end A-EON needs to make profit to keep going so 2 operating systems in theory means more sales.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »14.04.15 - 20:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

Simon wrote:

"same time" is all wrong in this context!
  • »14.04.15 - 21:39
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

New director must be Trevor. Cut out the fluff and what is left? To me Trevor swooped in and paid off the Creditor(s), under the agreement that Hermans take a back seat and Trevor (and/or A-Eonkit employees such as Matthew) take over running HYPErion.

We'll see if I am right, but I'd bet money that's what this soft sell is all about.

If it's "AeonKit" related, then it's probably Matt Leaman and not Trevor (it wasn't Trevor who entered AmigaKit, it was Matt who entered Aeon).

It could also be some internal rearrangement of power and ownership between current owners. This is the most likely IMHO, and I recall Jorit2 wrote somewhere in the beginning of the bankruptcy process that restructuring a company to change the weight of power or such (can't remember his exact words) are common outcomes instead of liquidation in bankruptcies.

It could also be that some unpaid key OS4 developers gets in as part of some settlement (shares and power instead of cash). Or some other creditor who Hyperion owed money.

Or Acube? Or Cloanto?

Or Ralph Schmidt? :-D ;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »15.04.15 - 02:14
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    dekanyz
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    I doubt many from the OS4 side would jump to the MorphOS side if Hype went down under. If MorphOS would go under, I wouldnt go to OS4. No point. I'd use MorphOS until it wasnt usable, then I'd bail and not use it after that, just like Classic Amiga OS.

Yes... The same to me, until the other side not offers something cool.

Currently, the user experience is similar on OS4 and MOS, but the things could change slowly. If one of them is never developed anymore, the other could slowly be more better.

The division is the biggest problem in this situation... the incompatibility of OS-es. And the continous attempt to make them more different from the others.
  • »15.04.15 - 07:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Obviously it would be a sharp improvement. A-Eonkit is not starry-eyed perfection to me, but would obviously be heads and shoulders over what HYPErion have been and have accomplished under Hermans.

One year later now, so who was the new director? A_W?

BTW I haven't been to the corporate sites (AO & AWN) in some months, so this week when I went back and did some reading I was shocked. Not only did the rescue of HYPErion not fix anything, whomever did it, but things got far worse. I didn't think things could get worse, but here we are. Almost to a person the OS4 fanboys are frustrated with A-Eonkit, but openly angry at HYPerion. HYPErion may as well be the new McBill. What a change. Just one year ago if someone made an observation about HYPErion that was not glowingly positive, they would be banned for months. Now a year later that very moderator is making almost identical comments.

The truest of true believers are fighting each other to get off the bandwagon first. The defenders of the faith moderators are now joining the naysayers as if they were always objective. Wow...
  • »01.04.16 - 16:16
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    eliyahu
    Quote:

One year later now, so who was the new director? A_W?

the new director is costel mincea.

-- eliyahu
  • »01.04.16 - 17:24
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > who was the new director?

http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2015-07-00020-EN.html

Also discussed here on MorphZone:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=11342&start=33
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=11372&start=102

> A_W?

No, I'm not a director of Hyperion Entertainment CVBA and never was ;-)

> the OS4 fanboys are frustrated with A-Eonkit

That's not the impression I get.
  • »01.04.16 - 20:43