MorphOS on AmigaOne X5000?
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Can we get back on topic?

Has any news at all on the status of MorphOS been posted on the machine? For now I have my G5 and X5000 on a KVM but would love to just have the one system up.

Why don't you talk to one of the developers? Maybe they could use another beta tester.
    "Magnetic was troubled by my avatars and 'satanic' references" - Jim Igou

"Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »19.09.17 - 18:01
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Acill wrote:

Has any news at all on the status of MorphOS been posted on the machine? For now I have my G5 and X5000 on a KVM but would love to just have the one system up.

Why don't you talk to one of the developers? Maybe they could use another beta tester.

I'd love to get in on that, but I don't think the 250X card in my machine will be supported. That and I've never got a reply back from any when in IRC or here in the past. I never thought to ask as a result.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ (Currently Main MorphOS Machine)
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 (Registration #1894)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    AmigaOne X5000
    Need Amiga recap or other services in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »19.09.17 - 21:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    eliyahu
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:Why don't you talk to one of the developers? Maybe they could use another beta tester.

I'd love to get in on that, but I don't think the 250X card in my machine will be supported. That and I've never got a reply back from any when in IRC or here in the past. I never thought to ask as a result.

i'd love to get the opportunity to test MOS for X5000. i've been dying to start running it on my X5K since my pegasos2 is really on its last legs. i'd even be happy to help demo it at amiwest if amigadave can help make sure i point all the cool bits. there are quite a few potential converts at amiwest from both the 68K enthusiasts and (increasingly) disenchanted AOS4 users. and i expect MOS to smoke AOS4 on the X5K in terms of performance. ;-)

-- eliyahu
    Check out the latest on next-generation Amiga computing at IntuitionBase.com!
  • »19.09.17 - 22:22
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Acill wrote:

Well, I did offer to loan you a Radeon HD 6750, but I don't know what state the drivers for the 6000 series are in.
    The R600 and R700 drivers should be close enough to release for a functioning beta, but that would mean a switch to something like a 4650 (or 70), or a 4850/70/90 card.

I've shipped the R700 cards I had on hand to Mark, but I'd be willing to source something for a demo.

And a 4870 or 4890 would probably still do well under OS4.1.

Further, we might be lucky, and find that Mark has a serviceable 5000 or higher driver.

• »19.09.17 - 22:24
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Quote:

And a 4870 or 4890 would probably still do well under OS4.1.

works but no 3d. all 4xxx 5xxx 6xxx (NI) series dont have 3d on os . Only some cards of SI series is 3d accelerated with warp3d si and warp3d nova.
  • »19.09.17 - 22:31
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I'd be willing to put in a new drive with it and another video card if it booted right into MorphOS. Switching back the original drive and video card would be simple enough to get OF4.1FE back going when it was done.

Hopefully I can get to Amiwest and find a room to crash in. Heck all I need is a couch.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ (Currently Main MorphOS Machine)
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 (Registration #1894)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    AmigaOne X5000
    Need Amiga recap or other services in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »19.09.17 - 22:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    I'd be willing to put in a new drive with it and another video card if it booted right into MorphOS. Switching back the original drive and video card would be simple enough to get OF4.1FE back going when it was done.

Hopefully I can get to Amiwest and find a room to crash in. Heck all I need is a couch.

You ought to talk to David "AmigaDave" Morris. He probably has a table arranged and may need someone to split a room with.
    And it sounds like the hotel is overbooked, so it couldn't hurt to try to work something out.
    Besides, I'd be willing to bet that David would love to have a demo X5000 set up.
    Heck, makes me wish I could attend.

• »20.09.17 - 00:02
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Acill wrote:

You ought to talk to David "AmigaDave" Morris. He probably has a table arranged and may need someone to split a room with.
    And it sounds like the hotel is overbooked, so it couldn't hurt to try to work something out.
    Besides, I'd be willing to bet that David would love to have a demo X5000 set up.
    Heck, makes me wish I could attend.

See my reply to Acill in the other thread regarding his sharing a room and attending AmiWest. I'm certain we can work something out.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.09.17 - 03:17
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Correction:

>> the x16 slot only has [...] connected [...] 4 lanes. But the data sheet [...] speaks
    >> about many controllers but *not available simultaneously* (depends on HW
    >> configuration perhaps?), so with the known other features of the Tabor, does
    >> x4 lanes for graphics sound reasonable?

> Yes, it sounds reasonable to me that one of the three PCIe controllers uses
    > four of the six SerDes lanes.

I don't know what I was thinking two years ago when I answered that question, but of course it doesn't sound reasonable at all to use 4 out of 6 available SerDes lanes for PCIe, and also use 2x SATA and GbE from the P1022 which requires 3 more SerDes lanes, adding up to 7 required SerDes lanes in total.

More details:
    http://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12151&forum=11&start=39
  • »27.09.17 - 11:54
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    Correction:

>> the x16 slot only has [...] connected [...] 4 lanes. But the data sheet [...] speaks
    >> about many controllers but *not available simultaneously* (depends on HW
    >> configuration perhaps?), so with the known other features of the Tabor, does
    >> x4 lanes for graphics sound reasonable?

> Yes, it sounds reasonable to me that one of the three PCIe controllers uses
    > four of the six SerDes lanes.

I don't know what I was thinking two years ago when I answered that question, but of course it doesn't sound reasonable at all to use 4 out of 6 available SerDes lanes for PCIe, and also use 2x SATA and GbE from the P1022 which requires 3 more SerDes lanes, adding up to 7 required SerDes lanes in total.

More details:
    http://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12151&forum=11&start=39

Hey, don't beat yourself up over that, I pretty much ignored Tabor until the discussions about the X5000's limitations started.
    Then I thought 'wait a minute, how many lanes can the P1022 provide?'.
    It doesn't add up, does it?
    They could be using something that multiplexes or switches PCI-E lanes, but not having a complete set of specs on Tabor, I don't know.
    Didn't we have a screenshot of that board at one time?

• »27.09.17 - 16:35
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > They could be using something that multiplexes or switches PCI-E lanes

Of course, they could be using a PCIe bridge to multiplex 2 input lanes to 4 output lanes, but I don't think anything could be won by multiplexing or switching lanes that all go to the very same slot anyway. They could as well multiplex 2 input lanes to 16 output lanes and claim a fully connected x16 slot ;-)

> Didn't we have a screenshot of that board at one time?

A screenshot of a board? :-) There's a shot in the A-Eon press release linked to in my comment you quoted the link to above, but it doesn't help me to identify the solution to this mystery. A block diagram would come in handy.
  • »28.09.17 - 00:45