Synergy and UAE
  • Just looking around
    Hi Folks,

this weekend i upgraded to Morphos 3.7 mainly because i am really interested to use the new synergy-application included. I already use this on two osx-machines.
    So Synergy works as expected except with UAE (0.8.29-WIP4): I cant quit it, CTRL+ALT+Q doesnt work from the remote keyboard. On local Keyboard it works.
    It also worked with uae4all, with the Function+F11 .. but i would like to use UAE, not UAE4All.

I tested in shell-window to type CTRL+ALT+Q it works from local and remote keyboard with the same results (special characters).

Is it possible to change the keyboard-shortcut an easy/workaround way or is a new compilation needed? Any other options for a beginner to solve this?

Thanks*
  • »22.03.15 - 14:10
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    While MorphOS 3.8's Synergy client might improve this, I can't promise anything. Synergy is generally designed in a way that makes it very hard to do keyboard support on the MorphOS side - with Synergy and Commodore being to blame here. Synergy sends keyboard events in a very inconsistent way, Windows and OSX generating different sequences for seemingly same key presses, not to mention Synergy has 5 ways of sending command key codes and OSX only being able to send 1 code for both command keys. Add Commodore's keyboard input design being a lot different from Windows or OSX and you end up with something that needs quite a bit of hacks to work to some degree...
  • »23.03.15 - 07:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    shakeel
    Is it possible to change the keyboard-shortcut an easy/workaround way or is a new compilation needed? Any other options for a beginner to solve this?
    Nawaz
  • »24.04.15 - 06:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    You can add hotkeys, remap keys etc. easily using mmkeyboard.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »24.04.15 - 12:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

shakeel

welcome to the morphzone.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »24.04.15 - 16:19
    Profile Visit Website