Tips and Tricks at Library
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I just recreated my MorphOS Tips and Tricks page to MorphOS Library:
    http://library.morph.zone/Tips_and_Tricks

I thought it could be useful and easier to find there, and others could add stuff to it too. If you have account there, feel free to edit and correct anything.

This thread can be used for suggestions too, and I can edit new things there...
  • »27.01.15 - 16:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    THank you for this big collection.
  • »27.01.15 - 18:21
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I had forgotten about that list. It's very useful indeed! :-)
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »27.01.15 - 22:40
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    What's the theme you are using on the above screenshot?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »29.01.15 - 08:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @Cool_amigaN

It looks like Ofour.

http://aminet.net/package/pix/theme/ofour
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »29.01.15 - 11:13
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    @jPV

Where can you download it? I thought that it was unfinished theme. All the links from google seem broken :(
  • »29.01.15 - 13:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Hmm.. I got it from that morphosnordic link, but whole domain doesn't seem to work anymore. Well.. take it temporarily from here.

It has skin and some MUI buttons in that archive, but I guess it was supposed to have whole MUI config and maybe some patterns etc if it'd have been finished.

[ Edited by jPV 29.01.2015 - 18:46 ]
  • »29.01.15 - 15:44
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Thank you very much!

Now Ambient looks much better imho! Can you please also point me on the icons pack that you used?
  • »29.01.15 - 18:38
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Ok thanks!

Is it possible to display a global icon (on Ambient's screen) for the .recycled drawer?
  • »30.01.15 - 07:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:

Is it possible to display a global icon (on Ambient's screen) for the .recycled drawer?

At least if you have formatted your partition with "Recycled" and "Show recycled" options. Then you can just drag the .recycled icon to Ambient desktop. I don't know if there's some trick to do it properly afterwards if you haven't used those options initially.

But mm... at least you could create a text file with "open sys:.recycled" line in it, add "Script" protection bit to it from icon information window, and drag it to the desktop :)

But each partition has its own .recycled dir, so it's impossible to combine them all as one global icon. You need one for each partition you want to use .recycled from.

BTW. I probably haven't said it before, but I really like the video in your signature. Cool music and presentation. We showed it on one quite big LAN party on bigscreen as seen over here ;)

[ Edited by jPV 30.01.2015 - 12:37 ]
  • »30.01.15 - 09:36
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Hey, I am honored! Great to know that ppl liked it :) I was creating a part 2 but run out of time because real life issues stepped in. The 1st one took me almost a month from my full free time (and I had plenty back then :P).

I have formatted and installed under the default options. Can't remember if I had ticked the "show recycled" option, however I have the .recycled drawer (which is visble only after "show all files").
    If I move the .recycled drawer wouldn't that move the folder of instead making a link to it?

By the way, do you know how to extend configuration of Magicbeacon? Just some more samples of what it can do.
  • »30.01.15 - 09:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    I have formatted and installed under the default options. Can't remember if I had ticked the "show recycled" option, however I have the .recycled drawer (which is visble only after "show all files").
    If I move the .recycled drawer wouldn't that move the folder of instead making a link to it?

You have both options checked, because without "Show recycled" it wouldn't be shown even with "Show all files".

It's safe to drag it to the desktop, because MorphOS doesn't have any real "desktop directory" where it could be moved. All icons dragged there will become links.

Quote:

By the way, do you know how to extend configuration of Magicbeacon? Just some more samples of what it can do.

I've been underusing it myself too, but now I've had it in regular use for a year or so, finally. But I'm still using it only to show finished OWB downloads and for my own last.fm script. I disabled screenbar module and use it only for bubbles. So, I'd have room to use it more too, but so far I've liked it for these two actions :)
  • »30.01.15 - 10:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> Then you can just drag the .recycled icon to Ambient desktop.

> If I move the .recycled drawer wouldn't that move the folder of instead making a link to it?

Dragging a file/drawer to Ambient desktop always creates a link. There is no way to have files/drawers stored on the Ambient desktop directly.

Edit: jPV was faster.

[ Edited by Andreas_Wolf 30.01.2015 - 13:23 ]
  • »30.01.15 - 10:28
    Cool_amigaN
    Thank you both. I think that you should updated the tips and tricks page regarding the .reycled option and how to display it on Ambient imho :)
  • »30.01.15 - 11:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

jPV wrote:

It has skin and some MUI buttons in that archive, but I guess it was supposed to have whole MUI config and maybe some patterns etc if it'd have been finished.

Well, I made OS4.1FE styled MUI config now too. It's mostly quite similar to MUI settings OS4.1FE has, but for some parts more inspired from the ReAction settings too. And not too accurate everywhere otherwise either.

You can download it from here.

Preview screenshot:
    OS41FEish.png

And a screenshot from the real OS4.1FE system for comparison:
    OS41FE.png
  • »13.04.15 - 17:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    I think we should create a MorphOS Wiki-Tricks in which everyone could enter their tips and tricks.

And maybe it will be intersting to create an utility that will access the wiki from the internet so then users can read any tips directly
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »20.04.15 - 16:26
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

I think we should create a MorphOS Wiki-Tricks in which everyone could enter their tips and tricks.

Everyone can already add their own tips. You just need an account like you would with yet another separate wiki site.
  • »20.04.15 - 16:55
    Stevo
    Aaaargh, my eyes! It burns, it burns!!!!11

Seriously, good job ;-)

Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

jPV wrote:

Well, I made OS4.1FE styled MUI config now too. It's mostly quite similar to MUI settings OS4.1FE has, but for some parts more inspired from the ReAction settings too. And not too accurate everywhere otherwise either.

You can download it from here.

Preview screenshot:
    OS41FEish.png

And a screenshot from the real OS4.1FE system for comparison:
    OS41FE.png

---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »20.04.15 - 18:34