YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »25.11.03 - 15:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

Support network cards

MorphOS already supports RTL network cards, if you ask me, such cards are easy to find, so it'd be more useful concentrating on improving something else than support for network cards. Also Pegasos 2 onboard Ethernet should leave most PCI Ethernet cards far behind...
    Quote:

Amiga Amp

MorphOS (1.4) comes with Kaya mp3 & ogg player. AmigaAmp is better at some things, but lacks ogg support (At least earlier versions did)
    Quote:

Anti Virus:

No viruses available => Nothing for virus scanners to scan. Of course, some Amiga viruses might work on Pegasos&MorphOS, has anyone tried? :-D
    Quote:

File managment:

Absolutely... For now, Directory Opus works fine, and some people use Magellan as "Ambient replacement" (if you can call it that...)
    More important thing would be to improve Ambient file handling (Show by name, sort by size/date/etc.)
    Quote:

Video encoding:

There's already mencoder port. Also port of ffmpeg exists. There's also GUI for mencoder, but it could be better.
    Quote:

More fun: More free games

Well, not just more free games... We'd also need more commercial / shareware games... As for data files, I think it's better to offer just executable (and source) for games, like Quake, Heretic, Hexen etc. (and maybe shareware demo version aswell), those games can be found for sale for very low prices...

What I would add to "games section" is: More emulators!
    C64, consoles, Spectrum, Macintosh 68k... List could easily be endless :-)
  • »25.11.03 - 22:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • vox
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    vox
    Dear JPP,

Thanks. I don`t know that much about MorphOS.
    I meant that a list of PCI cards should be produced and that contracts with at least 2 manufacturers such as 3COM for native MorpOS driver should be made.

Concerning software as Amiga Amp or Kaya my idea was not that there should be "two kings instead one" but that in best spirit, Genesi should encourage survivors on Amiga scene to develop for MorpOS. Even if it means free boards and MorphOS or price of production, it is best investment in its future and future of Amiga software therefore.
    OS 4 is more further development of OS 3.x. I see MorphOS as a true new life.

Therefore such things as PageStream MorphOS and Voyager MorphOS I greet. But I don`t see other Vaporware products for example. They don`t need to be chained to MorphOS - they should be asked for mimited preview versions or to some extend usable, to be inclued in next MorphOS packages - which is good for both them and MorphOS.

Will Amiga viruses work? Nobody knows. But, as community grows, MorpOS or virus working on MOS might appear. Development should start emmidiately by telling for example just to the author of VirusExecutor which files are vital, to be in a first scan etc. Think of future. Now there is 400 developers and lets say double users. Next time this year we migh be millioners, or slightly less :-) Amiga was joy of millions, MorphOS might be too.

DOPUS 4.xx is too old, new DOPUS-es are too fancy, I think of classic style of Amiga managers that I today see on my TotalCommander (ex-Windows Commander) today. Everything one needs and just there. No fancy buttons, no shiny GUI. BEST WAY TO HELP USERS! :-)

Video encoding and players ... those who are free and share ware, best of them, of few with different options should be included and in that way supported to live. I would give 1$ to each author when paying MorphOS. Would you? Look to LINUX distributions. Just players with GUI`s to support MOS. Or tell people to use MUI :-)

The mentioned games exist in demo version, or are becoming free just if you ask ID software. They don`t need money on DOOM or HERETIC when they have DOOM3. So these demo WAD`s or links top the web sites with all WAD`s should be included to add functionality to executables.

Yes, more commercial names in games and software. But lets unite what is free and let it live.
    Why not putting things like IRC,ICQ,Yet Another mailer and make good Net package? First OS with
    full net support as Installed. And all plugins into Voyager - to make it play things like JAVA and FLASH. This is step forward.
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »26.11.03 - 12:42