• »20.11.03 - 21:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    > Can i run a Video Toaster card for Amiga on the MorphOS
    > and Pegasos board ( use to work in Amiga 2000,3000 and
    > 4000 ) ?

Nope. You won't be able to run the Amiga versions of the Video Toasters on a Pegasos (or an Amiga One) as they lack the Amiga Video Slot (and the Amiga's Graphic Chipset).

It *might* be possible to run the Video Toaster 2, but as far as I know, no one is planning on supporting it at the moment.

It *might* also be possible to use the Video Toaster software using MorphOS on an PPC based Classic Amiga. (In which case, it might be a little faster) Although that might be doubtful as I remember reading somewhere that the Amiga Toaster Software doesn't even like OS3.9 so it might be tooo finicky.

But I'm not an expert. ;-)

> If i can run the Video Toaster for Amiga, can i run it's
    > complement, the FLYER !!

Sorry, no can do here again. There are no Zorro or Amiga Video slots in the Pegasos or Amiga One. They both have PCI and AGP slots. It might be possible to use other types of video-capture cards although there have been issues with the current Pegasos-1 motherboards. (Don't know about AmigaOne.) I'm hoping to be able to slap in my el-cheapo TV card and do some video-capturing once I have my Peg-2 upgrade.

> Can ir un some old Amiga games like Pac-Man etc...

MorphOS on a Pegasos can run pretty much anything that doesn't bang the hardware, *AND* uses AHI for sound (if it uses sound). A few games also have patches made that will make the game more system friendly and runnable on a Pegasos + MorphOS (ie: Alien Breed 3D-II: The Killing Grounds works when you use the "RTG" patch.)

For any of the hardware banging games, or games that use PAULA for sound you need to use UAE. There is a version of UAE for MOS that does a decent job, and it now has joystick support. It doesn't work with every game yet, but a G3-600 can handle roughtly the A500 speed.

> Can i burn DVD's on Morph OS..

Some software is in the works, but it will not be included with MorphOS. I believe there will be a MOS native version of "Burn It!" that will support DVD burning. The superbundle will include a version of "Burn It!" with CD writting capabilities, but not DVD burning capabilities. I don't know if there will be an upgrade offer available.

Apart from that, I think someone released some DVD burning command-line tools for the Amiga that can run on MOS? Not 100% certain. :)

> Can i run my favorite Mac, and PC apps with the help of
    > emulators. Like Sound Forge etc...

There aren't many PC emulators out now. There is a native version of BOCHS, but it's not very fast. It doesn't have JIT emulation, so on a G3-600 you get the speed of a 17 mhz Pentium (clocked by a game I attempted to run). BOCHS also doesn't have sound support at the moment. :P

There is also a version of DOSBox which is faster, and emulates a DOS based PC. It's mostly made to be used for running old DOS games.

Sadly, we are missing MAC emulation in MorphOS. However, you can run MacOnLinux if you install Linux on your Pegasos.

> Is there some professional Video Capture cards available ?
    > Do you know some people doing video editing on MorphOS

Well, I'd like to do some, so I'm hoping that once I can get my TV-Card working, I can use MotionStudio and get cracking. However, this is mostly for personal use. At the moment, I won't be able to tell you if the above will meet your needs.

Will you be happy with this new system? Well, I can't let you know. All I can tell you is that it essentially does all I need it to do (save for the bit about video-capturing which I hope the Peg2 will remedy). It is the fastest Amiga-like system I've ever ran.

However, if your goal is to use a Video-Toaster, then you'll be better off sticking with a classic Amiga. :-(
    Steph
  • »20.11.03 - 22:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    zeXar
    RadioMan visit DiscreetFX for more info about video toaster on amiga/pegasos.
    Pegasos II G3/600MHz
    AMIGA 4000 060/50Mhz 604e/233MHz
  • »21.11.03 - 15:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    Steph
  • »21.11.03 - 15:41
    Profile Visit Website