SNES/MAME joypad support/configuration
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Because I don't want to utterly hijack redrumloa's thread here, I want to ask whether:

a) Is it possible to remap the buttons on SNES emulation (something similar to the function of GenesisPlus)?

b) Though my gamepad works fantastic with all the programs I 've test it, it doesn't seem to be recognized under MAME. Furthermore, I can't seem to locate the cfg which, perhaps I need to tweak a little. Can somebody confirm whether MAME supports joypad and how to enable it?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »04.08.14 - 07:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    mikeowen
    ========
  • »04.08.14 - 18:39
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Quote:

b) Though my gamepad works fantastic with all the programs I 've test it, it doesn't seem to be recognized under MAME. Furthermore, I can't seem to locate the cfg which, perhaps I need to tweak a little. Can somebody confirm whether MAME supports joypad and how to enable it?

Id recommend you read the mame docs, but to configure for joystick hit TAB (iirc) and you configure from there. there are globabl configs and game by game configs. nd yes joystick is supported in morphos version since forever
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »04.08.14 - 19:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    @magnetic

Thank you, it worked! I could have sworn that I pressed every button on the keyboard, but not TAB! :P

Now what about SNES? I have the strange feeling that the select button is not mapped on my joypad...
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »05.08.14 - 07:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    @magnetic

Thank you, it worked! I could have sworn that I pressed every button on the keyboard, but not TAB! :P

Now what about SNES? I have the strange feeling that the select button is not mapped on my joypad...

glad to hear it next time rtfm ;0 just kidding man dont know about snes
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »06.08.14 - 00:32
    Profile Visit Website