Synergy keymap not correct
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Very cool app...well once I get it working.

I'm running 3.6 on my G5 with Synergy...my "server" is my laptop running Debian with Synergy 1.5.

When I jump to the G5 and start typing, the key map is all wrong. None of the letters pressed are correct. Anyone have a fix?
  • »08.07.14 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Very cool app...well once I get it working.

I'm running 3.6 on my G5 with Synergy...my "server" is my laptop running Debian with Synergy 1.5.

When I jump to the G5 and start typing, the key map is all wrong. None of the letters pressed are correct. Anyone have a fix?

I also wondered (though I didn't test yet) how the keyboards behave, because in the advanced settings there is a server keyboard mapping only for windows or mac os US!

So how would this behave if I have a windos machine (acting as the server) with swiss french keyboard and also the morphos machine with the same mapping?
  • »09.07.14 - 05:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    I'm running 3.6 on my G5 with Synergy...my "server" is my laptop running Debian with Synergy When I jump to the G5 and start typing, the key map is all wrong. None of the letters pressed are correct. Anyone have a fix?

Sorry but Linux servers are not currently supported. As Chris already pointed out, you can either pick a Windows or OS X server. If you are willing to help, I can build a debug version of the client and let you test and fill out all the necessary structures yourself - I'd assume it'd be about 4 hours of work, given you have minimal understanding of C code structure and MorphOS keymaps.

As for Swiss mapping - I have only tried German and Polish keyboards and they both worked, so I could guess the Swiss one will work as well.

Sadly, Synergy as well as VNC have no proper way of translating keyboard input.
  • »09.07.14 - 07:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I dont know anything about MorphOS keymaps..but I'm willing to give this a shot in my spare time.
  • »09.07.14 - 13:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Rats
    I was wondering is there anyway to open the client and connect automatically when Morphos starts.

I tried the auto-connect thing and put it in startup folder. Everytime I restart the ip adresse has to be inputted.

Btw loving this software so far :)
  • »10.07.14 - 13:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    ...still waiting on giving it a shot myself to map Linux structures...

Not a Windows or OSX user so that doesnt help me at all.
  • »07.08.14 - 14:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Rats wrote:
    I tried the auto-connect thing and put it in startup folder. Everytime I restart the ip adresse has to be inputted.

Quit the app once you've configured it and it'll store the settings. I will fix this for 3.8.
  • »08.08.14 - 08:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    ...still waiting on giving it a shot myself to map Linux structures...

*Someone* offered a bounty for Linux support so I put that on hold for a while...
  • »08.08.14 - 08:02
    Profile Visit Website
    Develin
    I think I know who suggested the bounty and I would gladly contribute to it :)
    Maybe we could use a common bounty portal?
  • »08.08.14 - 12:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    *Someone* offered a bounty for Linux support so I put that on hold for a while...

Well..its a very handy utility..so if I need to I'll use my friend's Paypal account to contribute. Update this thread with a link if you decide to remove it off of hold.
  • »08.08.14 - 15:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Rats
    Worked out the auto-start connection to a server thing thanks to this conversation
    http://blog.remotecpu.com/?p=7

you need to set
    STARTPRI=127
    TOOLPRI=127
    DONOTWAIT

In tooltypes
  • »05.04.15 - 19:48
    Profile Visit Website