MUI_Disable
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ShInKurO
    Hi all,
    I've noticed if I use MUIA_Disable to disable->enable in few time my UI then my program slow down on my powerbook with MorphOS3.1, I believe it is some kind of gfx bug.

I use MUIA_Disable with MUIA_Window_Sleep, and in this cas slow down is very visible...

Code:

case MUIA_Window_Sleep:
    if (data->sleep==tag->ti_Data) tag->ti_Tag = TAG_IGNORE;
    else
    {
    data->sleep= (LONG)tag->ti_Data;
    SetAttrs(data->maingroup, MUIA_Disabled, tag->ti_Data, TAG_DONE);
    }
    break;

[ Edited by ShInKurO 28.07.2012 - 09:32 ]
  • »28.07.12 - 09:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Please, providc a source test case showing the slowdown.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »28.07.12 - 10:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    This is user-configuration dependent - some configs will use heavy alpha blitting which is not hw accelerated on the PowerBook.

Anyway, you should *really* refrain from using both MUIA_Window_Sleep and MUIA_Disable - this is against the standard system behavior. MUIA_Window_Sleep is for the whole window, while MUIA_Disable is for *single* objects and not huge areas.
  • »28.07.12 - 13:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ShInKurO
    Have you another way to propose me for implementing a sort of modal behaviour on the amiga? :)
    If you use disable you can show to user a content disabled, but he can interact with main window input yet, while sleep provides the right disable input that I want, but user is not informed he cannot use that window until he click on it... I want avoid user click on window to understand it is "disabled", he should see this status with his eyes and without to click on it...
  • »28.07.12 - 17:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Afair, when a window is put to sleep, the mouse pointer goes for a hourglass (busy pointer) which explicitly tells the user that the window input is currently locked.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »28.07.12 - 18:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    MorphOS already does this by default - the window does not have to be active for you to see a busy mouse pointer when you move the mouse above the window. Please don't try to alter the behavior of the OS in your applications - that's not up to app developers to decide. The only result is that you get an application that does not belong with the rest and therefore sticks out (in a negative way).
  • »28.07.12 - 19:36
    Profile Visit Website