Scribble & muimaster.library
  • JJ
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    JJ
    Hi guys.

Prertty much standard 2.7 install of morphos apart from pack ultimate.

Just installed latest sdk and when i try running scribble I get "Scribble requires muimaster.library 20.6849"

I did search the site couldnt find an answer. Where do I get a copy of this, and where do I put it.

Thanks
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2
  • »30.04.12 - 20:50
    Kronos
    Doesn't the SDK include a new muimaster.library for exactly that purpose ? You would offcourse need a reboot (and make sure that there is no other muimaster in rthe path).
  • »30.04.12 - 21:11
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The SDK installer updates muimaster.library indeed. This however might not work if you've got some unofficial MUI beta installed (no idea if ultimate pack contains that).
  • »30.04.12 - 21:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    This is where Grunch shines, if a Grunch database entry for the MorphOS SDK was created correctly. Grunch would check for the installation of the file and/or library dependencies, check the version of those dependent files or libraries to find out if they need to be updated. If yes, Grunch would download the latest version of that file and/or library and install them.

I am not sure if Grunch has a built-in function to ask the user to restart the computer after the installation or update is completed, or if Grunch can restart the computer itself, but if it does not already have that functionality, it could be a feature request for the author of Grunch to provide in the next release.

From what has been already written in this thread, it appears that the installation script for the MorphOS SDK already installs the required muimaster.library as part of it's installation script, but what is not clear is if the MorphOS SDK installation script checks to see if an earlier version needs to be deleted so it can be replaced, or if an earlier version can simply be over-written by the muimaster.library that the SDK installation script is installing as part of the SDK installation script.

Until problems are confirmed from the installation of other unofficial MUI components, such as jadacaps suggests could be the cause of a problem, or if some other part of the Pack Ultimate installation could cause a problem for the SDK installation, we can't know if a change, or fix needs to be created.

It could be as simple as the computer has not been rebooted to make all parts of the SDK active. Only the original poster can confirm if rebooting has fixed his problem.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.05.12 - 00:52
  • JJ
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    JJ
    Might not have rebooted after install of sdk didnt know neccessary.

Will try again tonight
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2
  • »01.05.12 - 12:18