Playstation 3 Harmonix Rock Band Drum + WAV Sample Software
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    XDelusion
    I never thought of trying this out until today, I had just assumed that it would not work, but low and behold, IT DOES!!! At least in AROS. I've not been able to test it under MorphOS yet because my eMac finally bit the dust, but I'd presume that every USB device supported in AROS or on Classic Amiga will work with MorphOS as well.

Anyhow, I own 2 XBOX 360 Drum Sets, and one Playstation 3 set.

The XBOX 360 Drum Sets detect but do not appear to have drivers; thankfully the Playstation 3 model does!

I'm sure many of you would find such a thing useful for those Poyo Poyo clones (Dance Dacne Revolution, etc.), but I had purchased my two sets to use in conjunction with a couple pieces of Windows software that allow you to plug in up to two sets at one time then load and assign WAV files to which ever drum pad you choose!

The cool thing about the software aside of the fact that it serves as a size limit free sampler is the fact that the software knows how hard you hit the drum, which in turn controls how loud the sample plays. A program such as this would be awesome to have on MorphOS, and very unique in comparison to the musick software that already exists for it.

I would presume that if I plugged in more than one PS3 drum Kit that Trident would just assign the second drum to port 2. If not then I would think it could be reconfigured for such use. Either way, even if we were to be restricted to 1 drum kit, this would still be very useful as each drum set has 4 drum pads, a foot pedal, and a four way directional pad which I'm sure could be used to alter effects such as flange and what have you.

Also there are more advanced drum kits out there that features more pads, pedals, and even cymbals.

Just a thought, but I think such a piece of software would really be a great addiction to the wonderful library that already exists. After all, these basic kits can be picked up for around $7-$11 US. You can't go wrong there. :)

What are your thoughts?

BTW, I'm not a coder, so I'm not offering to write this software, I'm just day dreaming here. I'd rather be using my drum sets with MorphOS over Windows ANY DAY!!!

Click below for image:

rock-band-drums-on-sale.jpg

[ Edited by XDelusion 28.02.2012 - 16:09 ]
    "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

Registered MorphOS user, Amiga user, and Atari 8-bit user.
  • »28.02.12 - 22:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Before you post more. Yes!

The Guitar from Guitar Hero of the PS2 works, too.

As well as the Dance Dance Revolution Controller, the Buzz Controllers of the PS2. Same for the Racing Wheel and all other controllers, as they all appear as HID (Human Input Device) Class.

I am waiting for quite some time, that someone creates a Buzz like game for MorphOS using Hollywood, which seems to be the perfect combination in that case. :D

Geit
  • »28.02.12 - 22:47
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    XDelusion
    Good to know!!! I might just have to go pick up a guitar then too should someone write some cool musick software to use with it! Seeing as MorphOS 3.0 is going to support the Apple Power Book, I'd easily be able to take MorphOS with me to do a show!

Oh to dream!
    "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

Registered MorphOS user, Amiga user, and Atari 8-bit user.
  • »28.02.12 - 23:01
    Profile Visit Website