For MOS-devs: About MorphOS 2.7 preferences
    hooligan
    After having a clean install of MOS I started configuring the system and had to visit Preferences (several) dozens of times. When I close a subwindow (lets say Audio) and come back to preferences, the Audio-window still pops up. Why on earth? Pisses the living shit out of me.. am I the only one getting irritated by this? :)

All in all I start to feel quite at home after a couple days fiddling.. lots of things have changed to more positive since V1.4 when I last used MOS.. everything went so smoothly I hardly call it an Amiga-experience anymore ;-)
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »12.12.11 - 07:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Leif
    Quote:

After having a clean install of MOS I started configuring the system and had to visit Preferences (several) dozens of times. When I close a subwindow (lets say Audio) and come back to preferences, the Audio-window still pops up. Why on earth? Pisses the living shit out of me.. am I the only one getting irritated by this? :)

No, you are not only one :) You can switch to listview mode from menu though.
  • »12.12.11 - 09:13
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    Apple typical design flaw. Should have been repaired for years. Changing to list view doesn't help because then you also start in the last visited class but it is not selected. You do not see which class is currently active because the selection bar is not displayed. You better switch back to page view.
  • »12.12.11 - 10:46
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Yeah in panel view you always have to remember to click any of the save, use or cancel buttons to avoid that behaviour. I'm quite used to click them instead of closing window, so that doesn't annoy me that much anymore ;)

If you can't stand either of these options, there's another option to use preferences in oldskool Amiga way. Copy Preferences.info in SYS:Prefs/ dir to all sub preferences names. For example "copy SYS:Prefs/Preferences.info SYS:Prefs/Audio.info" and then you can click Audio icon to open audio preferences.
  • »17.12.11 - 20:01
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    That.. or maybe just fix whats broken
  • »17.12.11 - 21:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I never knew this was a problem and have never experienced it in the last 5+ years. I guess I have always used the provided buttons and never thought of closing the window with the close gadget instead.

I am not saying that it shouldn't be fixed "some day", but I can certainly think of many more important tasks for the MorphOS Dev. Team to concentrate on.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.12.11 - 23:00
    hooligan
    How long do you think it take to fix this.. more than three minutes? :)
  • »18.12.11 - 00:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    If it only took three minutes to fix, I am sure it would have been fixed by now.

Asking me how long it would take to fix, it would take me more than three months.

But then I am not a MorphOS developer. ;-)
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »18.12.11 - 18:27
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    It's actually a feature of the icon view. I might tweak things a bit if I find the time...
  • »18.12.11 - 22:56
    Profile Visit Website