Setting up MorphOS SDK?
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I have installed the MorphOS SDK on one of my computers and need some advice on how to get it set up correctly.

I also want to learn PortablE, which requires GCC version 4.x to work, but when I type gcc -v in a Shell window, I get a response that version of gcc installed is 2.95.3

Any other advice on how to get this set up correctly would be appreciated.

I have the Cubic IDE CD, but realize that I may not need to use it any longer, since the new SDK was finished. Can, or should I use them together?

[ Edited by amigadave 04.12.2011 - 12:54 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.12.11 - 21:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    "gccselect 4" helped with the GCC version but the Wiki in the MorphZone library mistakenly says that it should say "gccselect 4.4.5".
  • »04.12.11 - 22:05
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Once installed there are no manual steps involved in getting the SDK to work.

gcc is just a symlink to ppc-morphos-gcc-2.95.3 by default. GCC4 is called ppc-morphos-gcc-4.4.5. Don't think you should change the default compiler for PortablE.

You could use CubicIDE, but what would be the point? It has been made obsolete by the introduction of Scribble.
  • »04.12.11 - 22:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Once installed there are no manual steps involved in getting the SDK to work.

gcc is just a symlink to ppc-morphos-gcc-2.95.3 by default. GCC4 is called ppc-morphos-gcc-4.4.5. Don't think you should change the default compiler for PortablE.

You could use CubicIDE, but what would be the point? It has been made obsolete by the introduction of Scribble.

I won't change the default compiler, as you suggested. I was thinking that my CubicIDE might be obsolete with Scribble implemented in the new SDK, but now that you write and confirm it, I might as well un-install CubicIDE, unless I keep it for Hollywood programming, as I think there is a plug-in for CubicIDE and Hollywood that might be useful.

I am going to concentrate on learning PortablE first.

Thanks to Samurai_Crow for helping me earlier today to test that I got it installed correctly and writing my first E program lines.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »05.12.11 - 01:23