How many Users?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    Hi Targhan how many Users has MorphZone?
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »29.12.03 - 02:47
    Kronos
    Just did a quick check on and found this:
    https://morph.zone/userinfo.php?uid=693

Thats the newest account, you got uid=152, I got 45, which seems to fit.

So nearly 700 is the best guess I can give (but there is probraly a whole bunch
    of dead and double-acounts).
  • »29.12.03 - 03:09
  • Targhan
    haven't looked in the last few days, but it's close to 700. I think that's a pretty fair number, considering that most of the topics here are about actually using and having MorphOS--rather than a "rah rah" site ;-) ( Although, the occational "rah rah" is kind of fun ;-) )
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »29.12.03 - 06:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Spidey
    In my search of discovering "my number" I noticed some people only have registered but haven't posted until now (and they are from the same registerdate as I am).
    It would be nice if they said something, especially with the oncoming PegII :-)
    Do they like the PegI so far, etc.

Spidey

ps: I'm number 25 :-)
  • »29.12.03 - 23:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Would be interesting to know what those who don't say much think, but I don't want to force anyone's hand.

On the other side of the coin, it's nice to know that with our ~700 users, downloads (some are big too), newsletter, and other stuff that we, on average, hit less than 1% of our capacity here.

• »29.12.03 - 23:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    targhan: any idea hown many of those 700 actually owns a pegaso at the moment? .. I know there are some people registered who don't have one (nor likely to get one) ... Otoh, there are Pegasos users who aren't signed to here.
    http://somequicknotes.blogspot.com/index.html
  • »30.12.03 - 01:46
  • Targhan
    There really isn't a fair way, IMHO, to measure this. If you login with an unmodified IB2.3 on MorphOS, it reports as OS4. I've checked V back to 3.3.126, which reports correctly. I've seen a few hacks, and don't forget people who leave their spoofing on.

To be honest, I'm afraid to guess. It all be pure speculation. From what I've seen of the various open-source traffic monitors, they take up more bandwidth than they're worth.

• »30.12.03 - 04:30
    Profile Visit Website