Dualboot
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GMKai
    I have prepared my Pegasos to autoboot MOS.
    I would like to add some kind of bootmanager so that I don't have to type in the boot-options for Linux all the time.
    I remember that there was some tweaking with debug-stuff, but don't really know what. Any help on this?
  • »18.12.03 - 13:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    that's what i want to do as well. i hate typing! :-o

on my laptop it multiboots using lillo or grub - i forget which one was finally installed. it works great.

what we have to figure out is, are these things (lillo and/or grub) already installed with linux that can come with a peg, and if not, why not?
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »18.12.03 - 14:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    I do the same on mine. I run MOS 1.4 and PegXLin. I had read somewhere
    that it was possible, but in the same post was highly suggested not to
    mess with it and that there would be some sort of boot menu or
    something in the final OF version?? What is the status on that? :)

David
    Pegasos 1 G3 MorphOS 1.4.5* Mac G4 Sawtooth 1Ghz Tiger 10.4.1* Both Rock! :-D
  • »20.12.03 - 03:35
  • Just looking around
    MaVaTi
    For now, yaboot (a lilo/grub for CHRP architectures) seems not to be ready for Pegasos...

Personnaly, I have put Linux to run per default (the quite long line), and I use "boot b" to run MorphOS (I have renamed boot.img in b) which is quite short to type...

If you want to boot MorphOS per defautl, I know that you can set the parameters to pass to your kernel during the make xconfig of your kernel.

Bye.
  • »21.12.03 - 15:16
    Profile Visit Website