Morphos 2.6 FPSE GranTurismo
  • MorphOS Developer
    stefkos
    How about soccer games, anyone launched?
    I cannot launch ISS Pro 2, FIFA 2001, FIFA 2003:(
  • »27.10.10 - 06:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Condor
    Quote:

xyphoid wrote:
    The link on Obligment doesn't tell me how to configure the psx ox/_\ [] buttons to work (assign) on my joypad (logitech) I get directionals and a help 3 button I think, but nothing else. the .iff image included on macjoy has the rawkey decimals codes, but again not sure how to impliment that.

Same problem here. I can select keyboard keys for FPSE, but how to assign this keyboard keys to gamepad. I try many times with Posedion but without luck.
    Sorry but don't understand all this Posedion game-pad options (Push-left, Release-left?, Abs-Rel?, Clip Size? and others ..........).
    MAME is so easy to configure, without Posedion. Just hit TAB key in MAME and move gamepad for selected command or button.
  • »27.10.10 - 09:58
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    @xyphoid:
    You first have to assign keys to buttons via Poseidon, then, within FPSE GUI, configure joykey.dll simply pressing desired button on the pad when asked to (i.e. press "Change" and then the button).
    If your controllers are already configured for mame (in Poseidon I assume), you should have no problems.
    I have one key mapping for pad1 and one for pad2 and I use them in mame, FPSE, snes9x and so on...

If that's not the case, maybe I didn't get the point.

@Condor:
    I guess your problem is the opposite: you can't map keys to buttons, isn't it?
    The hardest part in Poseidon config is guessing how X and Y axis work: there is a sort of threshold when the directional pad is in "rest" position and a max value when it's pushed all the way in a direction and a min one when its pushed at its opposite.
    For the buttons, you have to set a keypress event and a release event, otherwise the mapped key will always result pressed.
    I swear I don't speak a single french word, but I managed to figure it out following the guide I posted :-)

With a little help from Google, that is... ;-)

Hope I helped somehow,
    M.
  • »27.10.10 - 14:07
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @Mi-Go

There's no need to use such keyboard mapping for MAME and snes9x, since they have proper lowlevel.library support.

It's only needed for FPSE that doesn't support it.
  • »27.10.10 - 15:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    xyphoid
    I still am unable to select the buttons on fpse config
    And before I could move using joypad, but now nothing.
    This is why I'm with magnetic on installers! If you try to follow config scripts and mess up, your out of luck...

[ Edited by xyphoid on 2010/10/27 21:41 ]
  • »27.10.10 - 23:56
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Condor
    Quote:

Mi-Go wrote:
    @Condor:
    I guess your problem is the opposite: you can't map keys to buttons, isn't it?

Yes, this is my problem. I try with keypress event for x button, and get very strange output, sometimes FPSE dont register x button, but sometimes after I release button x, FPSE write on the screen X,X,X,X,X,X.....??????. For now I will play games with keyboard (just finished awesome Dino Crisis 2. 8-) ).
  • »28.10.10 - 05:01
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    Quote:

@Mi-Go

There's no need to use such keyboard mapping for MAME and snes9x, since they have proper lowlevel.library support.

It's only needed for FPSE that doesn't support it.

@Fab

Nice to hear.
    I guess in my case direct pad mapping is bypassed because of Poseidon mapping (=MAME sees pad events as keyboard ones).
    I'll try to mess around with configs then ;-)
  • »28.10.10 - 12:32
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    @Condor:

You have to set a keypress event for button X, then duplicate it and change it into a keyrelease. Don't forget to check the box at the bottom of the key selection.

Later I'll post some screenshots.

M.
  • »28.10.10 - 12:36
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    @Condor:
    Here is the typical key up event you need to tell the system that the key is not pressed anymore...

Grab.jpg

Key down is identical except for the trigger gadget and the checkbox.

M.
  • »28.10.10 - 17:28
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    I realized since I upgraded to 2.6 FPSE no more accepts any L1 key assignment (with or without the pad). Even a full FPSE reinstall didn't help.
    Anyone with the same problem?

M.
  • »07.11.10 - 10:11