[SOLVED] MOSNet @ MorphOS PowerUP and a USB problem
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    I am starting to build my MorphOS PowerUP set up. Everything went smooth as I set up a nice screenmode, I installed all the updates for 1.4.5 and some utilities and of course Poseidon USB stack which recognizes my USB to Ethernet Network adapter.

For Internet access I installed the good old TCP/IP stack MOSNet that did a great work back in the 1.4.5 days on Pegs 1 and 2. But now on MorphOS PowerUp it does not run displaying those error messages:

Fatal Error in NetDB File Interfaces on line 77, col 90
    Memory exhausted.
    MOSNet will now quit.

and (after I click OK)

Fatal Error in NetDB File MOSNet-Base/db/netdb in line 15, col 25
    Memory exhausted.
    MOSNet will now quit.

Does any one has a single idea about the reason those error messages -this NetDB file has some configure commands but it is basically full of rems-?

Also the installation does not finishes well reporting a problem of not beeing able to locate a Log file -unable to open file or drawer-, I downloaded the archive again from sound forge -cause on first time I used an old cd-rom with software I was using on my peg1-, but the error remained.

Sorry for the big blah blah... In simple words:

Has anyone made MOSNet work on PowerUP?

OR

And is there any optional TCP/IP stack that I can use?

[ Edited by CountRaven on 2009/8/11 12:48 ]

[ Edited by CountRaven on 2009/8/11 12:50 ]

[ Edited by CountRaven on 2009/8/14 10:46 ]
  • »04.08.09 - 07:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Sir_Lucas
    Yes, I've managed to run MosNet.
    First of you have to have a net driver in devs. Then find a files in the MosNet catalogue
    MOSNet-Base/db/netdb

and edit it. Put your network driver. Right now, I don't have my Amiga on me, 'cause I've moved out and she stayed.

Alternatively you can use MiamiDX it works well. Mind that you don't need Cardreset and cardpatch.
  • »06.08.09 - 21:25
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Sir_Lucas
    Any progress?
  • »10.08.09 - 19:26
    CountRaven
    Thanks for asking.

It came out that in general there is a problem with my USB stack on Deneb card @ MorphOS. The Poseidon stack -native MorphOS Powerup version- does not seem to work, so I got to have this solved first and then return to MOSNet and make the netdb fiile understands the memory generated USB driver.

Yes I am using a USB to network adapter via a Deneb card on 4000ppc and Poseidon software generates its drvier on memory -not in a file on Dev/Networks- as expected. Strange? Maybe, but that is the way.

The Deneb card works fine under 3.9 and 4.0 on 3.9 using Genesis on 4.0 using its own Internet stack, so it is not a hardware issue.

I have emailed Chris Hodges asking for help he answeredright away (for seocnd time first one was with troubles setting the thing up in OS4), he rules. He asked for PsdErrorLog reports. This is the first one:

Quote:

0-poseidon.library: Welcome to poseidon 4.2 (31.8.08) ? 2002-2008 by Chris Hodges (20080831)!
    0-poseidon.library: This is the PPC native MorphOS version.
    0-poseidon.library: Event broadcaster started.
    5-poseidon.library: ClassScan attempted with no classes installed!
    0-poseidon.library: Say hello to hub.class V4.2 (Root/external hub base class (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Whoah! hid.class V4.2 surprised as Generic support for human interface devices (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: The door bell rang for serialpl2303.class V4.2 (PL2303 serial adapter via serialpl2303.device (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Welcome printer.class V4.2 (Bidirectional printer driver via usbparallel.device (MOS)) to the party.
    0-poseidon.library: Don't laugh at cdcacm.class V4.2 for USB modems and OBEX via usbmodem.device (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Time has come for bluetooth.class V4.2 (Bluetooth HCI via usbbluetooth.device (MOS)) to join the show.
    0-poseidon.library: Start blaming camdusbmidi.class V4.2 for helping at USB MIDI CAMD Interface class (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Ain't asixeth.class V4.2 useful for Ethernet SANA driver for ASIX chipsets via usbasixeth.device (MOS)?
    0-poseidon.library: Say hello to pegasus.class V4.2 (Ethernet SANA driver for Pegasus chipsets via usbpegasus.device (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Whoah! stir4200.class V4.2 surprised as IrDA Bridge for STIr4200 chipsets via usbstir4200.device (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: The door bell rang for usbaudio.class V4.2 (USB Audio Streaming Interface class (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Welcome dm9601eth.class V4.2 (Ethernet SANA driver for Davicom chipsets via dm9601eth.device (MOS)) to the party.
    0-poseidon.library: Don't laugh at egalaxtouch.class V4.2 for Support for eGalax Touchscreens (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Time has come for palmpda.class V4.2 (Palm PDA HotSync via usbpalm.device (MOS)) to join the show.
    0-poseidon.library: Start blaming serialcp210x.class V4.2 for helping at CP210x serial adapter via serialcp210x.device (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Ain't bootmouse.class V4.2 useful for Support for mice/tablets in boot protocol mode (MOS)?
    0-poseidon.library: Say hello to bootkeyboard.class V4.2 (Support for keyboards in boot protocol mode (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Whoah! ptp.class V4.2 surprised as Support for DigiCams and MTP via PTP (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: The door bell rang for simplemidi.class V4.2 (Simple MIDI-IN Stream class mapping to keyboard (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Welcome dfu.class V4.2 (Firmware Upgrading/Downloading (MOS)) to the party.
    0-poseidon.library: Don't laugh at ethwrap.class V4.2 for Ethernet SANA wrapper for simple devices via usbethwrap.device (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Time has come for rawwrap.class V4.2 (Simple USB bulk IO wrapper via usbraw.device (MOS)) to join the show.
    0-poseidon.library: PoPo kicks ass.

and this is the second one after I make a restart on Trident (from system prefs). My two connected devices USB 2 Ether Net adapter and USB hub doe snot seem to work.

Quote:

20-poseidon.library: Opening uhciusb.device unit 0 failed device/unit failed to open (-1).
    20-poseidon.library: Opening uhciusb.device unit 1 failed device/unit failed to open (-1).

I have used the installer on the native MorphOS version to install the stack. I first thought it worked viewing the USB prefs (Trident) on system Prefernces but I ha dnot really tested it.

Still got the option to try a 68k version but I do not want to mess things up.

If some can post any ideas, suggestions or any kind of help, it would be great.

[ Edited by CountRaven on 2009/8/11 12:47 ]
  • »11.08.09 - 11:46
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Sir_Lucas
    Maybe try the newer version of the USB stack.
    http://www.platon42.de/index3.html
  • »11.08.09 - 12:36
    CountRaven
    We have an update:

Quote:

20-poseidon.library: Opening uhciusb.device unit 0 failed device/unit failed to open (-1).
    20-poseidon.library: Opening uhciusb.device unit 1 failed device/unit failed to open (-1).

uhciusb.device should be replaced with the right one for Deneb USB card:
    Denebpiousb.device

Card when online on trident bu then there was another error.
    See the log:

Quote:

0-poseidon.library: Welcome to poseidon 4.2 (31.8.08) ? 2002-2008 by Chris Hodges (20080831)!
    0-poseidon.library: This is the PPC native MorphOS version.
    0-poseidon.library: Event broadcaster started.
    5-poseidon.library: ClassScan attempted with no classes installed!
    0-poseidon.library: Say hello to hub.class V4.2 (Root/external hub base class (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Whoah! hid.class V4.2 surprised as Generic support for human interface devices (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: The door bell rang for serialpl2303.class V4.2 (PL2303 serial adapter via serialpl2303.device (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Welcome printer.class V4.2 (Bidirectional printer driver via usbparallel.device (MOS)) to the party.
    0-poseidon.library: Don't laugh at cdcacm.class V4.2 for USB modems and OBEX via usbmodem.device (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Time has come for bluetooth.class V4.2 (Bluetooth HCI via usbbluetooth.device (MOS)) to join the show.
    0-poseidon.library: Start blaming camdusbmidi.class V4.2 for helping at USB MIDI CAMD Interface class (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Ain't asixeth.class V4.2 useful for Ethernet SANA driver for ASIX chipsets via usbasixeth.device (MOS)?
    0-poseidon.library: Say hello to pegasus.class V4.2 (Ethernet SANA driver for Pegasus chipsets via usbpegasus.device (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Whoah! stir4200.class V4.2 surprised as IrDA Bridge for STIr4200 chipsets via usbstir4200.device (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: The door bell rang for usbaudio.class V4.2 (USB Audio Streaming Interface class (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Welcome dm9601eth.class V4.2 (Ethernet SANA driver for Davicom chipsets via dm9601eth.device (MOS)) to the party.
    0-poseidon.library: Don't laugh at egalaxtouch.class V4.2 for Support for eGalax Touchscreens (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Time has come for palmpda.class V4.2 (Palm PDA HotSync via usbpalm.device (MOS)) to join the show.
    0-poseidon.library: Start blaming serialcp210x.class V4.2 for helping at CP210x serial adapter via serialcp210x.device (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Ain't bootmouse.class V4.2 useful for Support for mice/tablets in boot protocol mode (MOS)?
    0-poseidon.library: Say hello to bootkeyboard.class V4.2 (Support for keyboards in boot protocol mode (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Whoah! ptp.class V4.2 surprised as Support for DigiCams and MTP via PTP (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: The door bell rang for simplemidi.class V4.2 (Simple MIDI-IN Stream class mapping to keyboard (MOS)).
    0-poseidon.library: Welcome dfu.class V4.2 (Firmware Upgrading/Downloading (MOS)) to the party.
    0-poseidon.library: Don't laugh at ethwrap.class V4.2 for Ethernet SANA wrapper for simple devices via usbethwrap.device (MOS).
    0-poseidon.library: Time has come for rawwrap.class V4.2 (Simple USB bulk IO wrapper via usbraw.device (MOS)) to join the show.
    0-poseidon.library: Enabling QuickIO for Deneb EHCI USB Host Controller (MorphOS).
    0-poseidon.library: New hardware MorphOS:MorphOS/Devs/USBHardware/denebpiousb.device/0 added (Deneb EHCI USB Host Controller (MorphOS)).
    20-poseidon.library: SET_ADDRESS failed: packet too large (5)
    20-poseidon.library: Device enumeration failed, sorry.
    20-poseidon.library: Root hub enumeration failed. Blame your hardware driver programmer.
    0-poseidon.library: PoPo kicks ass.

And please pay attention to the last lines:

20-poseidon.library: SET_ADDRESS failed: packet too large (5)
    20-poseidon.library: Device enumeration failed, sorry.
    20-poseidon.library: Root hub enumeration failed. Blame your hardware driver programmer.

Chris Hodges says about that:

Quote:

I'm afraid you might have encountered a dead end. I have seen these packet overflow errors before and they were related to the cyberstorm enabling caches for Zorro III space that was not set up for caching (enabling caching for hardware registers is *very* nasty). I am not really sure what to do right now. If there was a tool that would list the PPC MMU setup for the Zorro III space, *then* we probably would see something wrong there. Right now, I cannot see if MorphOS cares about Zorro III MMU setup at all. Maybe you should ask laire or piru directly.

So if Laire or Piru reads this and got something to propose please email @ chris.countraven@gmail.com or PM me.

One more time a big HAIL to Mr. Hodges, he replied very FAST at my emails, giving support and advice, this is real hardware support!!!!
  • »12.08.09 - 08:49
    Profile Visit Website
    CountRaven
    Well I am very happy to say that using the 68k version 4.2 of Poseidon -this one works sure in 3.9 so I did not try 4.3- my USB Deneb card works fine.

I also made the MOSNet to run adding the usbasixeth.device -USB To Ethernet- on the Interfaces file which is used by NetDB file.

So I am on line from my 4000 PPC / MorphOS PowerUP :)
  • »14.08.09 - 09:49
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Sir_Lucas
    That's great! Finally you've made it :)
    Regards.
  • »14.08.09 - 16:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Well if 4.2 works then 4.3 should work too I would think? I haven't tried it myself (morphOS PowerUP), although I could, I have a compatible machine :)
    A4000/060/PPC-200MHz, A4000T/060/PPC-233MHz, CD32, MicroA1, Pegasos 2 G4, AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5GHz, MacMini 1.5GHz/64MB VRam...mwwmwahhh :)
  • »15.08.09 - 02:37
    Profile Visit Website