New Bounty proposal... WOLFEINSTAIN: ENEMY TERRITORY
  • Just looking around
    Santi
    There are few online games running on MorphOS. However, I still missing one of the most playable and enjoyable, with huge player base... Enemy Territory.

Why not to start bounty for it. It should not to be big pain to convert it, because of quake 3 engine and available sources.
  • »24.03.09 - 13:23
    Golem
    Do you happen to have a link for the required sources? Keep in mind it uses a modified Q3 engine. Do you know which changes might be required to the Q3 engine? Have you seen anyone else managing to build this with the Q3 engine?
  • »24.03.09 - 16:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ausPPC
    Is it just a coincidence or did Santi know this source code was on it's way?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I would have thought the Efika (+ Radeon) has better cpu and graphics than an iPhone - sooo... Is the above souce code at all suitable for a MorphOS port?
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »26.03.09 - 21:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Madgun68
    Different games. The recent release was a port of the original Wolf 3D that was made for mobile phones (with a few changes I guess.) Not that I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it isn't a port (or release of source) of the much newer Wolfenstein.
  • »27.03.09 - 00:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Wishmaster
    Enemy Territory is running on the RTCW-Engine, which is still closed sourced.
    Unfortunately this means Enemy Territory cannot be ported to MorphOS at the Moment.
    Pegasos PPC
  • »27.03.09 - 16:57
    ausPPC
    Apoligies for not being more on-topic as this has nothing to do with Enemy Territory but the prospect of a modern shooter running on Efika/Efika class hardware is too interesting to let go...

Apparently the iPhone has a 412MHz ARM cpu with a vector unit. The Efika cpu may still be able to keep up with that if the iPhone's cpu is also only using a 32bit data path. Anyone know if this is the case?

As for graphics, does anyone know how the PowerVR MBX stacks up against an ATI R2xx gpu?
  • »29.03.09 - 00:02
    Profile Visit Website
    Golem
    @ausPPC

Well.. it's not what I would call modern (did you try it on an iPhone?), but I can see there is a build of Wolfenstein 3D for MorphOS on Aminet already. About five years old now looking and the filedates.
  • »29.03.09 - 08:56
    Profile Visit Website
    ausPPC
    Oh dear... I've made a dumb mistake - I didn't think idsoftware and the iPhone crowd could be bothered with that crappy pixelated mess from the early '90s. I assumed the big deal must have been about Return to Castle Wolfenstein. What a let down!

Well, live and learn.
  • »29.03.09 - 10:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    Quote:

ausPPC wrote:
    Oh dear... I've made a dumb mistake - I didn't think idsoftware and the iPhone crowd could be bothered with that crappy pixelated mess from the early '90s. I assumed the big deal must have been about Return to Castle Wolfenstein. What a let down!

Well, live and learn.

LOL! Too right it's a pixelated mess. Have you ever seen it on a 3DO? :-)
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »29.03.09 - 13:40
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Oh dear... I've made a dumb mistake

Madgun68 already hinted at that early on :-)
  • »30.03.09 - 17:50
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    mike-
    http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory_Source_Code;23091
    http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/4488/Wolfenstein:+Enemy+Territory+Source+Code+2.60

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/et/sdk/

[ Edited by mike- on 2009/4/1 17:12 ]
  • »01.04.09 - 15:23
    Profile Visit Website
    Golem
    @mike-

And now the link for the source code to the engine.

Thanks
  • »01.04.09 - 21:55
    Profile Visit Website