What's in a name, MorphOS.name?
  • Targhan
    heys all,

I was managing some domains, and realized that I have http://morphos.name. Well, it wasn't doing any good to have it at a parked page, so I decided to at the very least have it redirect to www.MorphOS.net - a good idea. Then.. (yup, it's one of those days) I hit the wrong link, and now I have an empty website, a database, php5.x, and absolutely NO IDEA of what to put there.

I did go back to set-up the redirect, but I still have an empty site just sitting there. Should I ignore the site stuff and just leave it as a 302 page going to MorphOS.net? Maybe a MorphOS Sourceforge project tracker? A MorphOS personalities website? Ideas? Anyone?
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »02.11.08 - 17:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Gelb
    How about a MorphOS Desktop/User/Hardware/etc. gallery page/site (since MZ still has not got a proper one after 4 years)?
  • »02.11.08 - 18:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Yeah, that would be very nice. The thing is that it wouldn't be able to tie into this site. :-/ Still that is a very good idea.

• »03.11.08 - 17:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Drako^lM
    Very good idea about the domains :)

But we need also working gallery
    Hardware :
    Power Mac G5 2.3 Ghz & MorphOS 3.18 & OSX 10.5
    Mini G4 1.5 Ghz & MorphOS 3.18
    BlaBla Team Member -> http://blabla.ppa.pl
    AmiParty Team Member -> http://www.chal.pl/
  • »03.11.08 - 18:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    /Me waves the magic wand! Before I make this a "news item," have a look at the re-built, restarted, gallery. It's a fresh start, so there isn't much there yet. You'll find the link (if you are logged in) on the left-bar of the site. If you happen to be on the front page of the site, it'll be under the image archives link.

The Submission Page now points to the new gallery too. All new images are to go there.

Now, I need your help. What categories should be included? Do we want an "official" gallery for the MorphOS Team, something that we can point users to with confidence?

Oh yeah, you have to be logged in to access the gallery at the moment. It's not "official" as of yet. (That doesn't mean I'm spilling a big secret, just I don't want to go bonkers with confetti and trumpets until I feel a bit better about how well it (the module/code) will behave.

RECRUITMENT : Need to either wake up the old Gallery Moderator, or to find a new one. :lol:

• »04.11.08 - 16:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

Targhan wrote:

have a look at the re-built, restarted, gallery

GREAT! Things get moving again in this site, after soooo long!
  • »05.11.08 - 08:49