Open a mui-screen from shell?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Hello,

is it possible to open a muiscreen from the database (prefs/screens) from a shell?

Right now I have to open the screens preferences and click the "Open" button to open a muiscreen for a non mui application.
    But I would to do this with a shell command (OpenMUIScreen CubicEd, f.e.).

Its because I want to have CubicEd opened on a new muiscreen, to see the screenbar plugins also on the CubicEd screen.
  • »20.08.08 - 22:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    AFAIK (not tested) beeing on a public screen is enough to make the screenbar plugins show up, only customescreens don't have them (for obvious reasons). So I think it's not necessarily a Screen from the MUI Database which is required.

[ Edited by tokai on 2008/8/21 2:01 ]
  • »21.08.08 - 02:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Writing a small MUI app that is configured to run on its own screen and then launching CubicIDE should do the trick. The plugins will show up only for screens opened by intuition's muiscreen.library.
  • »21.08.08 - 11:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Yes, thats what I did, because my attempt to use MUIS_OpenPubScreen() with the help of the psi source didn't worked as expected;(

BTW: How can I close a screen which didn't has the checkmark "close automatically" enabled?

In psi there is the feature to add a close gadget to the screen! Why was it removed?
  • »22.08.08 - 00:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

In psi there is the feature to add a close gadget to the screen! Why was it removed?

Because it was misplaced and didn't fit the skins. You may use the close function in the context menu of the screen depth gadget instead.
  • »22.08.08 - 07:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Oh, now I see;)

But what about auto-opening muiscreens also for non-mui programs? (may an option for that)
  • »23.08.08 - 21:45
    Profile Visit Website