what i believe
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    i believe that genesi should have a flag ship computer not just the mother board, now i have seen the video microwave....but it looks funny and not very practical, they should have something preconfigured and able to click on and buy. what do you guys think?
    -chris
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »15.09.03 - 07:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bifford
    Hi Poundsmack,

Well its not really Genesi's job to do things like that - that's what the Resellers are for. I could have easilly bought a full system off of the UK reseller but instead I put together my own system which to my mind is much nicer.

However, obviously there are thousands of homes that want to buy pre-configured setups (and do) but how many of those are we likely to get the system over to at the moment? For now Peg+MOS is squarely in the Amiga and Linux users court not in the mass-market all-world court.

When it hits that arena then yes, Genesi should do full set-ups for sale, until then let them save their time and money for what they really need to do - improve things - and let the 3rd party (Resellers) perform that action, its what they are there for.

Just my thoughts on the subject ;-) Flame away! :)

TTFN
    Bifford
    ========
    Bifford the Youngest

My Website at: www.whiteharegames.co.uk/
  • »15.09.03 - 09:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bifford
    Hi Tokai,

Ya know that doesn't help much m8!

Your ditto could be saying you agree with either him OR me!?

[Sherif voice] So boy! Which is it to be![/Sherif]

;-)

TTFN!
    Sam
    ========
    Bifford the Youngest

My Website at: www.whiteharegames.co.uk/
  • »15.09.03 - 14:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Lando
    I agree. Genesi needs to think more like Apple. They're trying to create a recognisable brand here, and need to have a product that people can look at and instantly recognise as a Genesi product.

The butterfly logo is a very eye-catching logo. I'd like to see them design a case incorporating the butterfly (something modern-looking and eyecatching), and maybe have a few different base-specs to choose from (DVD/CDRW, HD size, GFX card etc). Sure, continue to sell the motherboards separately too.

Aesthetics play a BIG part in what we buy (whether we like to admit it or not). Just look at the explosion in custom PC cases over the last couple of years. Look at the iMac G4, or the new G5 PowerMac.
  • »15.09.03 - 14:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    for example Amiga Inc. has the Amiga One in 3 diferent flavors. if they didn't have those systems they would have already lost this completly. we need something like that. but i guess thats the pay off. we actualy get our operating system.....hehe
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »15.09.03 - 16:37
    Profile Visit Website