MPlayer & DVD
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Spidey
    Hi td741,

Quote:

@Spidey:
    Are you going through the icon tooltypes or command line options? I just go through the tooltypes and I set the DVD_TITLE, DVD_DEVICE and DVD_UNIT. (Not 100% if those are the tooltypes since I'm not near my Pegasos at the moment. :P)

Well, I just installed mplayer and put its icon into a panel.
    If I want to use it I just click its icon on the panel. When started I see the filerequester.
    So as an answer I guess I use the tooltypes, but until now I haven't done anything with it.
    It would be nice to be able to see a movie from start to end in one go :-D

Spidey
  • »05.09.03 - 11:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    @Jupp3
    Okay... Out of your list, I've got Princess Mononoke Region 1. I'll give it a go once I get home. Thanks!

@Spidey
    All the tooltyps should be already there on your mplayer icon, you just need to enable the DVD_TITLE one and make sure that the DVD_DEVICE is set properly. (There are equivalent values for VCD's too.) I don't know if there are tooltypes for the language settings though.
    Steph
  • »05.09.03 - 15:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    I've tried Princess Mononoke Region 1 disk, and it still froze.

Interestingly enough, I recently tried running a DivX film off of the DVD drive (well it was on CD) and that ran just fine. Then I tried to play a VOB file directly and it froze. I then copied the VOB file to my harddrive and then it seem to run just fine.

Anyway have any clues?
    Steph
  • »07.09.03 - 18:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Spidey
  • »08.09.03 - 08:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    It seems to work now!!! :) I got it to play without freezing! :) I moved it to my primary slave. I just don't get it because I had it there initially, and my system didn't want to boot. Argh. Oh well. :) Works now except it's a bit jittery. :(
    Steph
  • »12.09.03 - 02:23
    Profile Visit Website