The value of information
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    If you give me enough money, I could take the time to look for the right MZ thread listing 2.0 feature set and write a nice text out of it.

If the sum is important enough, I could also rewrite parts of Ambient, MUI4 and Sputnik changelogs too.
    I think that should cover 90% of it.

With even more money, I would dig the ML archives and add all kind of minor features implemented on user request (I remember Lord once asked to be able to zoom window by a double click on the title bar, f.e...)
    That should cover 99% of the thing.

But it's a so boring, long, uninteresting and stupid work... the sum would have to be pretty high :-)
  • »16.08.07 - 02:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    I'm willing to pay for MorphOS 2.0, I really don't have problem. 50 euros, 100 euros, 200 euros, it doesn't matter what price.

On the other hand, as others said, this becomes a commercial product, so I would like to see a new site about MorphOS 2.0 features, shipping date (approximately), and other stuff. Doing things in the dark, makes me suspicious. :-P
  • »16.08.07 - 03:50
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Henes

Well, maybe the sum could be the love of all the mos comumunity and lots of new friends for you?

Or, you could take a break from the trouble causing and get crackin on it!

;-)

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »16.08.07 - 04:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    @thread

Come on gentelmen. There is a new PayPal button on Reggae home page. The project is 1.4.5 compatible, so you are getting something instantly. There is a constant progress. The project has its own, frequently updated blog. Then, if you want to spend money on some feature list, why not spend it on features themselves? ;-)
  • »16.08.07 - 10:47
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Quote:

Krashan wrote:
    @thread
    if you want to spend money on some feature list, why not spend it on features themselves? ;-)

First sensible sentence :-D
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »16.08.07 - 12:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    @Arkanoid

Quote:

My personal opinion is simply this: MOS up until this point has been free.

I beg to differ:

For those people using Pegasos; Genesi paid money to MorphOS team for development. I know that this is a complicated story which I don't know about, but I'm just saying that we paid Genesi for Pegasos and Genesi paid MOS team (something) towards MOS. Therefore, Pegasos users indirectly paid for MOS development.

This happened again for MOS 2.0; Genesi paid some money to MorphOS team to develop for EFIKA.

I have no idea about these arrangements, how much, or for what features. My point is simply that MOS team have been paid. For both these arrangements we have been 3rd party to the deal so we have no right to ask for support or features, that should have been done through Genesi.

I remember when MOS first came out, (the very first release for PowerUP), it was a beta test - time limited demonstration. I was always under the impression that this is a product that would require purchasing. PowerUP users of MOS are the only people have used MOS "for free" under the more recent releases.

I don't like to tell people what to do, but if MOS team start charging for MOS then we users (who buy it) become 1st party and MOS team should support us directly. In my comment to the "How much should MOS cost poll" I said a little bit more on this subject.
  • »16.08.07 - 13:46