PEGXLIN is like dream !
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    I juste want say a big THANK YOU publicaly to David for his exclent PEGXLIN. I received a copy from postal mail. I had problems to install it, but the fault was my CDRW "it's broken ;-)" so I changed it and now all works fine.
    PEGXLIN is the easyer linux to install I ever seen. There is a lot of emulators ( mame, MOL, UAE, BOCHS ...) installed and all good modules are activated like USB, TVcard installed etc...

Sorry, but I cant stay here more time, I'll play with my new linux ;-)
  • »04.09.03 - 18:44
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Serge
    Lucky You! I have David's older PegXlin I cant wait for the new one. What the heck is taking Genesi so long to put it on the ftp? Do you have the TV card working? What card do you have? Can it capture video?

tia
    magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »04.09.03 - 18:58
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    I received PegXLin CD from David too (Hey David,I still have to send you money, please mail me your address), but I have had problems installing it. After done partitions with HD toolbox and booted into Linux installer, I mounted both partitions (swap and Linux one) I entered in the shell and I typed "hdinstall". At this point I enter in a editor ("GNU nano 1.0.8 File:/target/etc/fstab new file) that opens a new blank file, while the guide says that at this point I should edit an already written file where partitions of HD are indicated. What to do!? David help me!! :-)

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »04.09.03 - 21:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    hello Mikey,

When you try to install pegxlin with the command hdinstall, there are two things must be ready.

1- your linux target patition and swap mounted from the good menus in debian installer.

2- your CDROM must works.
    To make it works fine, you must give the good parametre to the kernel on openfirmeware.
    here is my command to startinstall :

boot install video=tdfx hdb=ide-scsi

Dont forget to change only this hdb to correspond to your cdrom.

hda for primary master
    hdb for primary slave
    hdc for secondary master
    hdd for secondary slave

I like it :-)

good luck
  • »05.09.03 - 07:27