Would this work for a bounty system site??
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Ths site offers a great service for managing bounties! It looks like its free and would work great. Its got everything I think we are looking for, and a larger base of users that will see the requested bounties! What do you think?

Public Bounty Site

[ Edited by Acill on 2007/1/18 8:42 ]
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »18.01.07 - 16:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Neko
    I wonder if it is worth it?

MorphZone bounties works just fine.

We are working to integrate MorphZone and PowerDeveloper and MDC together, and tie bounties into the Project system (as a seperate class of project, perhaps) - it will be easier to manage for us.

Since Genesi has credit card escrow and none of the hassle/bad vibes associated with PayPal, we can do something about donations to top what we have on MorphZone *and* Rent-A-Coder (which is wire transfer or check escrow it seems, as they have a problem with PayPal).
    Matt Sealey, Genesi USA, Inc.
    Developer Relations
    Product Development Analyst
  • »18.01.07 - 17:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Neko

Morphzone Bounties has been far from "fine" as of late. I think the point of Acill taking action on this is to keep the bounty system in control of the community rather than corporate.

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »18.01.07 - 23:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Yes that is my point Thomas. I am wanting to get it back so anyone can add one and not have to worry about the updates comming in from one source. When I came up with the idea I had a friend making an app so everything was automated. That didnt work out as well as I wanted it because we had to many arguments about how it would work in the forrums, and he didnt get much support here when he cam ein and asked. The site I linked takes 15% off the top, but I think it a fair fee for the work they do managing everything.

In any case we need a way for me to manage the stuff on my own. I dont fault Targhan for the lack of updates, but nothing has been done in a long time and it doesnt look good or show a serious developer he can make some money and it to hard to get a new bountie added. With a site like this anyone can start one any time they want to, and the updates are done on the fly once its listed.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »19.01.07 - 06:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Take a look at this example I just posted to see how it would look and work. I used the KHTML one since it has the most interest.

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=607482
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »19.01.07 - 15:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

Neko wrote:

We are working to integrate MorphZone and PowerDeveloper and MDC together, and tie bounties into the Project system

More steps into Genesi embracing MorphOS back? Sounds very good to me.
  • »19.01.07 - 15:57
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Jcmarcos

Yes, its great Genesi is involved with MOS again, however we want to keep the bounty system community based and NOT controlled by Genesi.

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »19.01.07 - 17:40
    Profile Visit Website