ALGOR usb and Morphos PUP
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Mario
    Hello!
    Am I the only one who can't boot in MOS-PUP with an ALGOR-usb board connected?
    Isn't it supported?

Mario
  • »08.10.05 - 20:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    VooDoo
    hmm..Don't know for Algor..That is zorro card? but my SubwayUSB (clocport) works great whit last posedion (mos) and mos 1.4.5 PUP..
    MAC mini 1.5 ghz 1GB ram + MorphOS 3.7

A1200 sandwich

uA1c/g3 800 mHz/256mb/160gb hdd/OS4.1 :-D

Warp croatian Amiga portal :
  • »08.10.05 - 20:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Mario
    Well,
    Algor is a zorroII card, deriving from Subway.
    It's Subway with the addiction of a Rom similar to "Romulus", to put some modules in it (like it happens in Blizkick or Maprom tools).
    I have left this rom empty, because of compatibility problems, so no module is loaded at bootup.
    Anyway the system boots well in Amigaos 3.9 with or without Algor.
    It boots, instead, in Morphos Powerup only without Algor.
    Thank you for any hint...
  • »09.10.05 - 09:51
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    A friend of mine can't boot with his Highway + Romulus.
  • »09.10.05 - 15:25
    Profile Visit Website
    DJBase
    I have the same problem here. MorphOS won't boot after loading the boot.img and making the reset when the Algor Pro is inserted. Doesn't matter in which slot I use it or if I left the ROM empty or with driver inside. So there is still no solution?
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »16.07.06 - 00:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Ex-Member
    > Algor is a zorroII card, deriving from Subway.

No, it's not. The Highway is the Zorro equivalent to the Subway, but the Algor is a completely different board with different chipset.

Regarding the booting with PUP problem, a new bootloader is available on request which will ignore FlashRom contents on booting MorphOS PUP. It has been reported to cure the startup problem.
    Bye...
    Chris Hodges
  • »16.07.06 - 08:09
    DJBase
    Quote:

Regarding the booting with PUP problem, a new bootloader is available on request which will ignore FlashRom contents on booting MorphOS PUP. It has been reported to cure the startup problem.

Who should I nag for the new bootloader?
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »16.07.06 - 10:17
    Profile Visit Website
    Crumb
    @platon42

May you put the updated Luciferin in your home page?

Any chance of being able to store the MOS kernel in the Algor? :-)
  • »16.07.06 - 11:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

Crumb wrote:
    @platon42

May you put the updated Luciferin in your home page?

Any chance of being able to store the MOS kernel in the Algor? :-)

Now that would be cool, I dont see why it wouldnt work on a classic Amiga.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »16.07.06 - 12:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    I am experiencing some very strange behaviour with MorphOS and my hardware.

Before, I used to boot from an IDE hard disk connected to the Amiga's internal controller. When I wanted to boot MorphOS, I had to hold down the left mouse button to disable the Algor Pro 3 times - before choosing the boot partition from Early Startup Control, before loading the MorphOS kernel, and before rebooting into the MorphOS kernel. This worked and there were no long delays. This was also before I got Chris' new bootloader.

Now, I am booting from a SCSI hard disk connected to my CyberStorm.

With the Algor removed, I can boot into MorphOS in seconds, without any problems.

But with the Algor inserted - with, OR without Chris' new bootloader (which does seem to be saving me the hassle of disabling the flashrom!) - MorphOS takes FOREVER to boot! It will literally take 5 minutes waiting on a black screen, 5 minutes waiting at the butterfly logo, and then eventually, my Ambient desktop appears.

Anything requiring the hard disk to load makes the computer run at an insanely slow speed and it takes ages to process what it's doing,

Any ideas? :-?

Thanks! :)
  • »07.08.06 - 19:04
    DJBase
    Hm, no, after the update it works here. I only have problems with Linux.
  • »07.08.06 - 19:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Got it sorted! :)

I don't know exactly what it was, but I changed a few things in the initial startup-sequence and now it boots just fine, and runs at quite a pace too. :-)

Cheers anyway. :) Next thing is to get it registered somehow... but for the moment I'm just happy everything is working well with my Algor. :-D
  • »08.08.06 - 14:47
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Mario
    @dOPefish

How did you exactly get it working?
    Some hints., please....
    And where did you get the new bootloader?
  • »08.08.06 - 16:01
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    If you ask Chris Hodges aka platon42 nicely, he'll send you his new bootloader for the Algor.

Use Luciferin to flash the bootloader, and hopefully the modules in the Algor's flash memory is then skipped when you are booting MorphOS.

In my startup-sequence, I think I had removed the "ramdebug" option earlier to try and get serial output before for another reason. Adding it back in made it work again, I think - I'm pretty sure that's all that I had to alter, but I doubt this is your problem because it is correct by default.

HTH :)
  • »08.08.06 - 20:50
    Crumb
    @platon42

Wouldn't be easier to upload a new luciferin with the new bootmodule? or maybe uploading the bootmodule apart from the main archive until important changes justify a new version?

BTW... would it be possible to release an updated Norway driver that works on MorphOS? Both the NMI and SANA2 drivers refuse to work, but the same config works in miami. Sometimes the card isn't recognized and sometimes it simply connects but network doesn't work.

Maybe a native driver could fix the problems. I guess that if it's done in C it wouldn't be a big problem to recompile it (and maybe bundle it in the next MorphOS PowerUP version)

[ Edited by Crumb on 2006/8/9 13:01 ]
  • »09.08.06 - 06:33
    Profile Visit Website
    Doraemon
    Please Chris, can you sendme the modified bootloader for algor usb?
    My mail doraemonppcARROBAyahooDOTes
    Thanks
  • »23.10.06 - 13:08
    Profile Visit Website