The what would seem famous black screen of death
  • Just looking around
    Hi All - Helo Needed please

I downloads the iso from the correct place. Burnt using nero. Copied the files across to a blank partition. None of the protection bits were sety on either the cd or the files copied across.

Anyway solved this by using protect #? +RWED ALL on the files

Now when I boot (the partition is bootable and is not the first booting partition) using the eraly startup just get a black screen on both the amiga output and the bvision output.

I have changed the reset levels, but anything apart from 1 gives my a please insert env requester.

I have not changed the startup-sequence apart from the rest levels, so I am using the fake kickstart.

The machine has 3.1 roms, should i be booting with a 3.1 kickstart file.

My config is

A1200 rev 1A mobo. 3.1 roms.
    Blizzard 040/25 & 603e 175 no scsi, Bvision attached - from memory blizzard flashed with latest firmaware - maprom set to off
    64MB ram
    Z4 Busboard , nothing connected to zorro slots
    Eytech keyboard adapter
    2 gig IDE HDD attached to first channel of powerflyer gold/fast ata , 52x cdrom attached to second channel

Everyhting is fine under AOS3.1 and 3.9

Thanks in advance for any tips , help :)
  • »16.08.06 - 13:56
  • Just looking around
    it has been suggested that the lastest version of the iso has issues with my setup and i need the version berfore. Where would obtain this from please
  • »16.08.06 - 19:54
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Hey dude,

Here's what you need:
    right-click and save as

Replace the module.com1 file in boot/roms with this one; it's from the previous version.

That should get you a bit further, as I was in the same situation. :-)

HTH! :-D
  • »16.08.06 - 22:26
  • Just looking around
    cheers for that, will give it a whirl and let u know
  • »16.08.06 - 22:57