Rules Reduex
  • Targhan
    Hi folks, as the first "major" bounty, MOSNet, comes to a close (will be released within days I hope)--It has come to my attention that the rules for the bounty system need to be tweaked. There are a couple of upcoming bounties that look promising, and I would like to have any rules changes in place prior to their start.

I'de like to break the rules down into a couple of basic categories:

1. Donations and Expectations

2. Developers (both accepting and "self")

3. Refunds.

With #3, my hands are tied a little bit by the rules of PayPal and whether or not the developer has been awarded the funds. (per paypal, I can refund in full by simply clicking a button. after the 60 days, as in the commercial, "The Fees are coming! The Fees are coming!") After the developer has been paid; well, that's a whole new kettle of worms...

With #1, we do have a little elbow room per project as seen with the last few bounties. Opensource projects tend to go without a "private donation group" for discussion and downloads. Closed source projects *do* get beta-groups open to only the donars. The question for this is-do we set forth rules for dictating such?

with #2, we have a different wax-monster to deal with. If we are too strict, developers will leave. If we are too loose, then the donation pot will be trampled upon...
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »27.02.06 - 17:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    Can You please elaborate on #2... not quite sure what You mean?
  • »28.02.06 - 20:52